Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog Stabbed to Death

• 20-06-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18517148
    Dog stabbed to death in Donegal village

A family pet has been stabbed to death and had its throat slit in an attack in the Donegal village of St Johnston this week.
    Over 1000 euros has been offered as a reward, including 500 euros from Donegal based Pets In Distress charity.
    The dog, a German shepherd called Rex, was a family pet whose owner "loved the dog with every fibre of his being".
    They said they had never received complaints about Rex and had no idea why he was attacked.
    'Bloodbath' Speaking to BBC Radio Foyle, sisters Eva and Cathy Peoples said their brother Trevor went to let Rex out of the shed and found the lock broken from the door. They described the scene as horrific.
    "It was like a bloodbath. It was like a whole load of animals had been killed, not just one. There was a coal bag covered in blood, blood on the floor and on the walls.
    "You couldn't imagine what he must have felt. The heartbreaking part is knowing how much he suffered."
    'Brutal' The sisters, grieving the loss of their mother who died from cancer five weeks ago said the death of Rex has brought added pain to the family at a time when it is not needed.
    "Mummy loved that dog. That's what hurts the most, Mummy thought the world of that dog."
    Founder of the Pets In Distress charity, Michael Forde, said he was "shocked" at what happened to the animal.
    "I've been involved with animal welfare for over 20 years and I've never seen anything as brutal as this.
    "I couldn't believe what I was hearing that someone would go to lengths and extremes to inflict such pain on an innocent animal," said Mr Forde.
    The Irish police are investigating the incident.

F**king scum.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Some people are just messed up...

And if that was a cat many of ye would be cheering the man on...

Although if a dog was attacking me, I wouldn't really hesitate to use my pocket knife to save myself from having my face ripped off by a dog...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

some evil sickos out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Bollocks.

Any kind of cruelty to animals is sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

That's awful. There are some seriously unhinged people bandying about the place. At least the dog died quickly or it would have alerted the owner or defended itself. That's what I hope. It's still awful though.

A bit less RAPE MURDER BLOOD in AH would be nice all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I sense a non-stop barker and a neighbor at the end of their tether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

That's rough!!

Dunny! wrote: »
    Bollocks.

Well cruelty to cats seems to be acceptable to many people who post here...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mikom wrote: »

As per the article
    They said they had never received complaints about Rex and had no idea why he was attacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Well cruelty to cats seems to be acceptable to many people who post here...:rolleyes:

No it doesn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Jesus, that's actually disgusting. :(

You imply that torturing and killing this dog was justifiable.

If it was a baby who was a "non-stop cryer", would a neighbour "at the end of their tether" be justified in similar actions, in your opinion?

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    As per the article

Maybe the man was trying to burgle the house and the dog attacked him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Wtf?

You think people would be cheering on someone stabbing a cat and slitting its throat? Right...

You imply that torturing and killing this dog was justifiable.

I did?

So if a Garda detective thought to himself "I sense a non-stop barker and a neighbor at the end of their tether", then he would be justifying it.

I'd think a bit more about that if I were you.

Maybe the man was trying to burgle the house and the dog attacked him?

Possible, but generally burglars will clatter a dog, try and bribe it.....its out of the ordinary for an animal to be killed, to the best of my knowledge. Plus the fact is it was in a shed and the way it was killed. Very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Whats the worst his scummer can get for this ? Considering this is Ireland and murderers dont even get what they deserve.

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Whats the worst his scummer can get for this ? Considering this is Ireland and murderers dont even get what they deserve.

About 2 years.......... of course they will have to be dog years in keeping with the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

I read somewhere that the killing and torturing of animals and pets is a telltale sign of would be serial killers (of humans that is).

The guy who did this needs help

I read somewhere that the killing and torturing of animals and pets is a telltale sign of would be serial killers (of humans that is).

...behind big walls help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Yeah, let's all rally around him and get him the help he needs. :rolleyes:

The fact he won't come forward for help says it all about people like this.

This animal should be locked up for life and studied/experimented on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

An eye for an eye would be too good for the sickos.

Edit;
    As an aside, once again the Beeb beat RTE for news from Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Ah now come on. Everyone stabs innocent animals from time to time, its not like its illegal or anything. Stabbing a dog is easy, they never suspect you are carrying a blade. A badger is a different story. Who have to have respect for anyone who manages to stab a badger.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Ah now come on. Everyone stabs innocent animals from time to time, its not like its illegal or anything. Stabbing a dog is easy, they never suspect you are carrying a blade. A badger is a different story. Who have to have respect for anyone who manages to stab a badger.

dickhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Fcuking pigs how could anyone do this to a dog. I dunno how some people are so cruel to animals.
    If this happened to my dog I think I would go crazy. I would not rest until I found who did it.

I'm sure you are messing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Some people are just messed up...

Although if a dog was attacking me, I wouldn't really hesitate to use my pocket knife to save myself from having my face ripped off by a dog...

..wait wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

That messed up. This guy is going to walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

People laugh at me because I keep the dogs in at night, but I'd loose the plot if someone killed my little jacker, I've a GSD too, he's as thick as ****, but I'd never get over someone doing that to him.

You'd have to wonder is there more to this story than just a scumbag killing a dog.

Sending a message to the owner..:eek:?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You can actually be charged convicted and sent to prison for murdering an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Yeah, let's all rally around him and get him the help he needs. :rolleyes:

It was an expression pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If it's a lump hammer to the jaw kind of help, then lets help this poor soul. Just another hard man toe rag who's ego is boosted by cruelty to animals. Sad, sick, scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

You would have to imagine the guy who did this got at least some injuries in the process. Cant imagine the dog went down without a fight, and even if he did escape unscathed he must have been covered in blood.
    Lets hope he/it is caught, thats the behaviour of a very disturbed person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Jesus, that is very disturbing. I personally doubt that the dog was the real target here and it was a message to the owners. Seriously sinister stuff, hope they catch the bastard and his face lands on the front page of every newspaper, since we can't lock these assholes up for long, atleast he won't be able to hide behind annoninimity. Although sadly this story will probably have no real ending.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I seen this on the Donegal forum earlier today, and seen this post it seems to add up to this news report details so I will post.
    someone was saying to .me today that they heard this story on the radio today and that the dog belonged to a 7 year old boy who's mother passed away not so long ago and he was really close to his pet after she passed and this was done then .

I have to say that nearly brings a tear to the eye. Putting such a young child through that after what had happened his family only recently. Really feel speechless, that young kid must be devastated.

As for the absolute filth that did this. Tormenting a 7 year old child soon after his mothers passing. I would lock this person up into a mental health institution, to me the offender must have some sort of mental illness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

what was the reason for this :confused:
    was he having an argument with the dog,
    was the dog an arsehole?

so many questions unanswered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

DB10 wrote: »
    I seen this on the Donegal forum earlier today, and seen this post it seems to add up to this news report details so I will post.

I have to say that nearly brings a tear to the eye. Putting such a young child through that after what had happened his family only recently. Really feel speechless, that young kid must be devastated.

As for the absolute filth that did this. Tormenting a 7 year old child soon after his mothers passing. I would lock this person up into a mental health institution, to me the offender must have some sort of mental illness.

Yeah, it's fcuking ridiculous carry on. I'll give the same reward offered in the OP out of my own pocket if anyone breaks the culprit's legs, this type of **** bothers me intensely.

To think it's a laugh to killa little boy's dog, I'd love someone to kick lumps out of the culprit's mother in front of him when he gets caught so he can see what a laugh is.

also, i'd just add that mental illness is too easily blamed for this sort of shyte, most of this type of filth aren't mentally ill, they're just cúnts.

genericguy wrote: »

I'd love someone to kick lumps out of the culprit's mother in front of him when he gets caught so he can see what a laugh is.

What is wrong with you? why should his mother suffer for what her son/daughter did? what kind of person would do that anyway?

• Advertisement

]

I'd love someone to kick lumps out of the culprit's mother in front of him when he gets caught so he can see what a laugh is.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's fcuking ridiculous carry on. I'll give the same reward offered in the OP out of my own pocket if anyone breaks the culprit's legs, this type of **** bothers me intensely.

To think it's a laugh to killa little boy's dog, I'd love someone to kick lumps out of the culprit's mother in front of him when he gets caught so he can see what a laugh is.

also, i'd just add that mental illness is too easily blamed for this sort of shyte, most of this type of filth aren't mentally ill, they're just cúnts.

So to recap, you would like to pay somebody to break the legs of the person responsible and you would like for their mother to be kicked about the place in their presence.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

ArtyM wrote: »
    You would have to imagine the guy who did this got at least some injuries in the process. Cant imagine the dog went down without a fight, and even if he did escape unscathed he must have been covered in blood.
    Lets hope he/it is caught, thats the behaviour of a very disturbed person.

This exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Someone went to prison for stabbing a dog a few days ago. Cant find a link. Was in revenge to an ex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Dunny! wrote: »
    Bollocks.

i'm a cat

let the fuckers try it on me

• Advertisement

So to recap, you would like to pay somebody to break the legs of the person responsible and you would like for their mother to be kicked about the place in their presence.

:confused:

i'd break their legs if i knew who it was (allegedelly) and while the parents are often to blame i doubt a dog killer would care what happened to his mother

ArtyM wrote: »

yeah id agree with that, if it turns out it was actually a fair fight, i wouldn't send the lad to prison

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ambient Occlusion

I'd suggest public embarrassment as part of the punishment, but the bollocks probably wouldn't give a single ****e. Would have been a nice surprise if he tried this with a wolfhound though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

To say that was an awful thing to do to any creature is an under statement but if the owner "loved the dog with every fibre of his being" why was poor Rex locked in a shed rather than in the house safe with his family :confused:

srm23 wrote: »
    yeah id agree with that, if it turns out it was actually a fair fight, i wouldn't send the lad to prison

Can we be sure the dog wasn't armed? Some of those Eastern European dogs have been known to carry knives.

jandm wrote: »
    To say that was an awful thing to do to any creature is an under statement but if the owner "loved the dog with every fibre of his being" why was poor Rex locked in a shed rather than in the house safe with his family :confused:

Lots of people keep their dogs outside and the German Shepard is a big dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Someone went to prison for stabbing a dog a few days ago. Cant find a link. Was in revenge to an ex.

A drunken man who stabbed his wife's cat to death out of spite ... the starting point for this type of offence was a prison sentence of 18 weeks.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=man%20sent%20to%20prinson%20for%20stabbing%20cat&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CA4QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk%2Fhome-news%2Fman-jailed-for-stabbing-wifes-cat-7854750.html&ei=RCriT8TrAYKxhAeb6-TYAw&usg=AFQjCNHFDnMc9PBv81yyFJa9D6c3F_PaRw

jandm wrote: »

i love all dogs

so the guy who stabs one is a cunt and should get a kicking he'll never forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

hondasam wrote: »
    What is wrong with you? why should his mother suffer for what her son/daughter did? what kind of person would do that anyway?

it's always the parents' fault.

whomever shat out the little cúnt that did this should be as ashamed of themselves as the culprit really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

That's so sad and I feel sorry for that poor child, losing his mother at 7 and then this.

Pets become a part of the family and it's heart breaking when they die. I can't imagine what it must be like to discover this in the morning:(.

• Advertisement
Advertisement