Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic/chemical taste from new cartomisers

• 20-06-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys
    I purchased my first ecig last week - a 510 and have been using itsuccessfully for 5 days with a 510 cartomiser. Decided to get an ego 650 battrry and some dual coil cartos to upgrade. They arrived today. Filled them both with different strenghs of juice, let them settle for a while and started to vape. Awful! Good throat hit but a horrible chemical and plasticy taste. Also got a spare 510 carto which tastes the same on the ego battery and my 510 battery. Whats going on? Could the battety be too.powerful? Am very disappointed. Should I try washing them out? Anyone else have this problem with NEW cartos? Cant afford anything else until next week! Edit: Using my original juices so thst isnt the problem. Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that is the problem with cartomisers

they perform well, they['re cheap as chips but as a result.. sometimes a few duds slip through the cracks
    since yours were ****ed from the get go, email the shop you got them from tonight. hopefully tomorrow they'll send you out a couple of replacements and you'll have them by friday.
    wouldn't reccomend vaping the ones you have now, that plastic taste isn't going to go away and generally is not a good sign.

the 650 battery isnt the problem anyway, that has roughly the same power as your 510 battery it just holds way more charge (i think it might be a little more powerful, maybe.. but not enough to cause anything like what you're experiencing)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mandyxxx

that is the problem with cartomisers

they perform well, they['re cheap as chips but as a result.. sometimes a few duds slip through the cracks
    since yours were ****ed from the get go, email the shop you got them from tonight. hopefully tomorrow they'll send you out a couple of replacements and you'll have them by friday.
    wouldn't reccomend vaping the ones you have now, that plastic taste isn't going to go away and generally is not a good sign.

the 650 battery isnt the problem anyway, that has roughly the same power as your 510 battery it just holds way more charge (i think it might be a little more powerful, maybe.. but not enough to cause anything like what you're experiencing)

Thanks, Sir Digby. I will contact the vendor. Strange that all 3 cartos are duds... or just my bad luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It definitely sounds like burning filler. Did you fill it with around 30 to 40 drops until it started weeping from the bottom?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Mandyxxx wrote: »
    Thanks, Sir Digby. I will contact the vendor. Strange that all 3 cartos are duds... or just my bad luck!

yeah the fact that the dual coils AND the 510 had the same issue is a bit strange

just the dual coils i'd understand cos they';re probably from the same batch, which could have had quality control issues.. the 510 is a strange one.. but not exactly impossible either.

like Gh said, maybe you didnt fill them enough? although if you've been using the 510 for a week I guess you'd know how to fill them.

It definitely sounds like burning filler. Did you fill it with around 30 to 40 drops until it started weeping from the bottom?
    Yes, filled them well using the cart condom method and dripped some extra liquid on top...
    The taste has a hint of rubber as well.. I reckon the 510 carto should taste the same on an ego 650 as on the smaller battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Once you get that dreaded "burnt / plastic" taste you will not get rid of it. Bin it!

I don't use the condom method myself to fill them, but I always on first fill I shake the cartomizer as one would a thermometer and then leave to rest for 20-30 minutes. Maybe it's coincidence, but since I started filling this way, have not had a bad one.

achieve wrote: »
    Once you get that dreaded "burnt / plastic" taste you will not get rid of it. Bin it!

I don't use the condom method myself to fill them, but I always on first fill I shake the cartomizer as one would a thermometer and then leave to rest for 20-30 minutes. Maybe it's coincidence, but since I started filling this way, have not had a bad one.

Thanks, will do that with my new ones.
    Going to change to a tank system when I have a few quid to spare. No more guessing when to refill.

Well yeah……in my opinion they're actually worse! They are very fiddly and don't wick great. If you wanted to go that route I think the Vision eGo is probably the better option. They're called a clearomiser and are better, IMO, than tanks.

The DCT is a better option than a tank as well. Basically, they hold 3.5ml of juice and consist of a carto with a hole surrounded by a tank. They work very well. You just throw away the carto and replace with a new one every week or so but keep the tank. Occasionally you may get a bad carto but they're the best of the non repairable's really I think.

You seem to have been unlucky with your carto's.

Well yeah……in my opinion they're actually worse! They are very fiddly and don't wick great. If you wanted to go that route I think the Vision eGo is probably the better option. They're called a clearomiser and are better, IMO, than tanks.

The DCT is a better option than a tank as well. Basically, they hold 3.5ml of juice and consist of a carto with a hole surrounded by a tank. They work very well. You just throw away the carto and replace with a new one every week or so but keep the tank. Occasionally you may get a bad carto but they're the best of the non repairable's really I think.

You seem to have been unlucky with your carto's.

Oh, thanks for that Green Hornet. Will check them out. Think I will give the dual coil cartos a go though (new ones!) as many posters here have good things to say about them.

Yeah, I used them for months and had mostly positive experiences too. Got tired of topping off though so bought the DCT and that was great. Allowed me to use carto's but only needed to fill it once a day. Occasionally came across dud carto's but apart from that it was great.

I tried almost all of the tank systems before the DCT and I think the eGo-C is the best of those type of tank. Some people liked the iMist too though so either of those are probably a good option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement