Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation near twelve pins?

Options
  • 20-06-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I've been looking into somewhere to stay nearby the Twelve Pins for doing the Glencoaghan Horseshoe and came across the Ben Lettery Hostel. I rang the place up today though a woman informed me that Hostel might be closed this year, could someone verify this? She seemed kind of unsure. Anyway, I also came across Dan O Hara's Farmhouse B&B though it is more expensive and quite a bit of a walk from the start of the hike (we don't have access to a car). If anybody could suggest any other nearby places suitable for doing the Horseshoe that would be brill, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Mmm I think there's a B&B named "Wilderness" but it's off on a side road and not that much closer to the horseshoe than Dan O'Haras anyway.

If you want to consider another idea, there is a taxi company in Clifden, seeing as you have no access to a car.

I'll have a think, but the area is rather remote, which is it's attraction. My sister lives in the Glen but doesn't take guests :D

Advertisement