Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on car insurance

Options
  • 20-06-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey folks Im looking for some help
    I was in car accident over a year ago now. An Ambulance attempted do to a u-turn at traffic lights and car infront stopped suddenly...then I stopped behind her but the car behind (no insurance) didnt stop and crashed into me causing me to carry into the car infront. -3 car collision

I got my car fixed up of whatever damages..sorted through the Motor Insurance Bureau of Ireland(M.I.B.I) but recently I received a letter in the post from the solictor of the person driving car infront. I sent this onto my insurance company expecting them to get onto the M.I.B.I but without telling me they settled the claim and paid out. My insurance is up for renewal next month and received a quote which has increased...I lost my no claims bonus!!

Should this of happened? Why am I getting punished for being crashed into? Can my insurance pay out without my permission as I do not agree with it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

brucewyne wrote: »
    Can my insurance pay out without my permission as I do not agree with it?

Yes, they can. Read the Terms and conditions in the policy document.

Advertisement