Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPC3925 Router issues

• 20-06-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Ok got a strange one here....

Since UPC upgraded my router to a Cisco EPC3925 my PS3 and Xbox (both on wifi) haven't been able to find my dlna media servers (wired) anymore. Worked fine on my previous routers.

Similar issue on my Apple TV (wired), my iPhone (on wifi) doesn't see it.

Now if I plug my PS3 or Xbox in to the LAN then they see the media server, and likewise if I unplug the ATV from the LAN my iPhone can see it.

So its like the media server/Airplay servers can only communicate if they are connected to the network the same way, i.e. wired or wireless

I've played around with practically every setting on the router with no joy.

UPC say they know nothing about that kind of thing !

Has anyone come across a similar issue or have any advise ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fnikator

The cisco EPC series have well known issues with forwarding multicast between the wifi and lan interfaces. UPC have been informed about this, and should be well aware of it. This is most likely what is causing the issue for your DLNA clients and server.

I suggest you contact them and get them to replace your modem with the Thomson model. Do a search for problems with the EPC series and multicast, and mail it to them. Let them know that its specifically the forwarding of multicast thats an issue, and your modem is not fit for purpose.

I started off with the earlier model EPC, and went through round after round with them until they replaced it. I believe it should be easier now to get it replaced. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

darragh_k wrote: »
    Did you find a solution? I have the same problem

No Solution really. I had to purchase a separate Wireless Access Point and I disabled the wireless on the Cisco router altogether.

I got a intellinet n300 like this one in Harvey normans and it does the job perfectly. Better range too than the Cisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

many thanks!

i dont want to spend any more on equipment.. shame it doesn't work.

Advertisement