Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here ever done time?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Iv a friend who was in mountjoy for a short time before being transfered to an open prison. It was a minor offence and he was given 18 months. He rang me quite reguraly from a mobile he was given by other inmates. While he didn't enjoy his time there but said it wasn't as bad as he had feared. I think it's down to who you know in there to be honest

• Site Banned Posts: 222 ✭✭bee_keeper

no but i once spent four hours in a garda station cell , that alone was pretty unpleasant so id hate to have to spend a year in prison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

This made me think of this for some reason:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I know a lad who escaped from an open prison back in the 90's.
    He worked for years in London & was planking about ever coming home.
    He came back after 7 years started working & not a peep.
    He got hauled up in front a judge for doing twice the legal speed limit & his name still didn't register.

I visited a friend a few times in prison, seemed alright to me, he didn't mind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Was talking to a fella I know last summer who had done a year in Mountjoy.

From what I remember, he said he witnessed a newly arrived youngfella getting raped in the yard while the rest crowded around to cover it from the guards.
    Apparently they also get drugs in by wrapping them in orange skins and basically f*** them over the wall during yard time I assume.

I think he also said they use the lids from aluminium tins to give those notorious "rat" scars from the bottom of your ear to the edge of your mouth.

Now I'm just going on what I was told, maybe It's bull.

But scary stuff all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    I know a lad who escaped from an open prison back in the 90's.
    He worked for years in London & was planking about ever coming home.
    He came back after 7 years started working & not a peep.
    He got hauled up in front a judge for doing twice the legal speed limit & his name still didn't register.

I visited a friend a few times in prison, seemed alright to me, he didn't mind it.

If you're on the run you'd think the last thing you'd be doing was drawing attention to yourself over something like speeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Was talking to a fella I know last summer who had done a year in Mountjoy.

From what I remember, he said he witnessed a newly arrived youngfella getting raped in the yard while the rest crowded around to cover it from the guards.
    Apparently they also get drugs in by wrapping them in orange skins and basically f*** them over the wall during yard time I assume.

I think he also said they use the lids from aluminium tins to give those notorious "rat" scars from the bottom of your ear to the edge of your mouth.

Now I'm just going on what I was told, maybe It's bull.

But scary stuff all the same.

Whilst I have work with a good few who were raped whilst inside the above would never happen.

The stuff with weapons yes, you see horrfic scares. Stuff goes over the wall a lot tennis ball are good. Though they have do a lot to try prevent this.

You don't want to be see as a rat whilst you locked up, that would notr be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

I've been in Mountjoy once.....on a school tour for CSPE.

Advertisement