Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Lighting in post

Options
  • 20-06-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

I've a few clips I filmed that are supposed to look like they were shot in morning light, but typical Irish weather has them looking a bit dull. Is there a decent way to change the light to give it a bit more of a morning glow in post? I've tried changing the white balance and it's an ok solution, but I wonder is there something better I can do?

Using Premiere CS5 btw, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

You could get a copy of Magic Bullet software, it's a bit pricey though.

Easiest thing is 3 way colour corrector, you'll be able to adjust the mid tones for red and green to get more of a glow, still won't fix flat white cloud though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

That's definitely made an improvement, thanks.

I just had a look at Magic Bullet's promo vid too, looks excellent alright but a few hundred euro out of my price range!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

That's definitely made an improvement, thanks.

I just had a look at Magic Bullet's promo vid too, looks excellent alright but a few hundred euro out of my price range!

If you have After Effects you might be able to do a bit more work with the colours and maybe a sky replacement. There's some great tutorials on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Maybe try duplicating the video, getting a bright over exposed look to it then bringing down the opacity so it's only adding brightness to the layer below, mess with the layer blending to see what would work best. Your pretty limited with premiere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I don't have after effects unfortunately, I'll try the extra layer, but I think the colour corrector probably did as much as I can before it looks a bit unnatural. Thanks for the tips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement