Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALL THIS TIME I FEEL CHEATED

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

bubblefett wrote: »
    I hate fruit flavours in chocolate! It's that wierd syrupy goo, never tastes like it should.
    I think I hate peaches because of peach chubba-chubs from when I was a kid. Maybe I should actually try a peach some day....

Peaches and cream Chupa Chups were the nicest (after the Choco-Vanilla flavour).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

lounakin wrote: »
    This is insane! You people, go out, buy peaches, strawberries and cherries and TRY them already!!! Fruits are good... very good... live a little! Take a walk on the wild side!

But if we do, will we start condescending to everyone? That's a nasty side effect!:p

The reason many don't have experience in eating fresh cherries is that the sweet delicious ones being spoken about don't ripen fully naturally here, and so it was passed down from parent to child that cherries are bitter, and should be eaten only candied, preserved or laden with sugar in a pie. Eating the imports or eating them abroad is a revelation, they are lovely, sweet like a small plum.

They've had many years of bad press to overcome, and they can be pricey to get, so they have a struggle to be up there with our naturally ripe and delicious strawbs.

Back more on topic, for years I hated mushrooms until I ate one barbecued. Love them that way now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

lounakin wrote: »
    This is insane! You people, go out, buy peaches, strawberries and cherries and TRY them already!!! Fruits are good... very good... live a little! Take a walk on the wild side!

The whole point of this thread is that people HAVE tried these foods (or are now willing to try them), and discovered that they do like them. Stop being condescending, or stop posting on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Well I posted 4 times including this one, it's not the end of the world! I guess non fruit eaters are quite touchy! Don't worry, this is my last post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Fennel ... Not the herb which I'm still not mad about but the bulb, Florence fennel.... Which I hadn't eaten because I assumed it tasted like the herb....it doesn't .... Fennel and orange salad....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

johndoe99 wrote: »
    went into aldi, the glen, waterford branch to see about getting those cheap cherries to try, i can see why they were cheap, every punnet i picked up were all squishy and bruised, completely spoilt. Didn't get them, pointed them out to a staff member and enquired had they any fresh ones. He said they are fresh. Typical attitude i always get from the aldi staff.

Whats the best store for getting them ? want my new experience after 20 years to be a decent one.

Up to that greengrocers in Ballybricken so, Kervicks is it? Always have fresh fruit, good stuff too, you'll have better luck there.

Advertisement