Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed about emobile.

Options
  • 20-06-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have been analysing my mobile usage recently. I am finding that o2 are not as competitive as I once thought. I’m on their experience plan for free o2 calls and text but most of my calls are to three, Vodafone and meteor. My usage would be light so going on bill is not an option.

I have been looking at the various providers out there. My preference would be 48 but they seem to be having a lot of issues recently, network outages etc.,

I then out of pure chance saw emobiles prepay offer for €20 per month I get:

· 250 minutes to any network
    · 250 any network texts
    · 250mb of data
    · Unlimited landline calls
    I have ordered a free sim to check what the coverage is like where I am.

I would call landlines a fair bit so I’m leaning towards them however I'd like to get some feedback on them.

I have searched for opinions but they seem to date back to when it was first launched.

Any feedback you have would be welcome.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not sure if you know about the talk to forum eircom/eMobile have. Their is a eMobile megathread that would give you an idea:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056150430, or just search for other threads in the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I'm on emobile about six weeks at this point. No issues with voice or data.

They're also working out a hell of a lot cheaper than Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

theyre pretty much meteor, just a different name (run on meteor masts, both subsidiaries of eircom) so if you know someone on meteor locally then you are grand.

they give you good offers if you can give them your (or a friends) eircom account info and tie it to your account.
    for what it is, it suits you. theyre possibly the only company who offer cheap landline calls so its definately the best option if they are your main calls (they cost a fortune on most networks)

reception - same as on meteor
    in terms of offers, emobile are getting better and better, so cant see an issue with this. you should be good to go.
    in terms of costs vodafone and o2 are hugely more expensive than all others at the minute, so yes. move.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

wernstrom! wrote: »
    I'm on emobile about six weeks at this point. No issues with voice or data.

They're also working out a hell of a lot cheaper than Vodafone.

Have you ever had to dead with customer care in those 6 weeks? If so were they helpful or did the just move from one operator to another?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Thanks for the all resposes so far! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

s
    Have you ever had to dead with customer care in those 6 weeks? If so were they helpful or did the just move from one operator to another?

A couple of times.

First was over chat... Was resolved quickly.

Second was a phone call. Again resolved quickly, not nearly as Labyrinthine as VF.

Advertisement