Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gate automation

Options
  • 20-06-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I am looking for Gate automation for solid wooden gates. Budget is low so it is almost close to a wish list. Has anyone experience with homelife (Italian company) as they seem very reasonable. I will be fitting the unit so it is the kit only.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

What are you looking for? Overground is cheaper than underground .
    How heavy are the gates?
    Are the hung in the centre of the pillars?
    Do you want an intercom?
    Do you want a keypad?
    Is it for a double , single or sliding gate?
    If you post a picture from the front and back of the gates and include the pillars it would be easier to help identify the type of kit that would work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi.
    I am looking for Gate automation for solid wooden gates. Budget is low so it is almost close to a wish list. Has anyone experience with homelife (Italian company) as they seem very reasonable. I will be fitting the unit so it is the kit only.

I have been automating gates for almost 20 years now. The only advice I can give you is two things;

1. You pay for what you get, especially on the equipment side of things. I have never heard of Homelife, most of the good gate automation comes from Italy. It could very well be a generic brand.

2. Please choose an installer who has plenty of experience. I have seen the results of work done by so called experts.

PS as well as the items as mentioned by Thunderbird, consider wind resistance on wooden gates.

Electro mechanical or geared motors will operate a wooden gate but as kub has mentioned wind resistance needs to be taken into account as a strong gust of wind could easily damage a mechanical operator while the gate is in motion compared to a hydraulic operator.

Can anyone shed some light on this? €650 is an incredibly reasonable price.is it for a full kit

Advertisement