Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone help me calculate something plz

• 20-06-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Have used online calc's to turn mtrs to feet etc but wondered how I would go about this
    I have approx 36sq mtrs of wall that I would like to insullate and slab and wondered how do I work out how many 8'x4' plaster slab sheets I need give or take a few.
    Also does anyone have a rought idea how far a bag of skim goes on when applied to a fresh smooth slab at normal thickness as I am also trying to work out how many bags I will need.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

cubix wrote: »
    Have used online calc's to turn mtrs to feet etc but wondered how I would go about this
    I have approx 36sq mtrs of wall that I would like to insullate and slab and wondered how do I work out how many 8'x4' plaster slab sheets I need give or take a few.
    Also does anyone have a rought idea how far a bag of skim goes on when applied to a fresh smooth slab at normal thickness as I am also trying to work out how many bags I will need.

Thanks

What are the wall lengths and heights? You won't necessarily be able to calculate the number of slabs until you know where and how far each will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

8' x 4' = 2.4m x 1.2m =2.88 sq m

36 sqm / 2.88sqm = 12.5 sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chippy80

I normally allow 8 square
    Metres per bag for skimming onto plasterboard.
    5 bags will be plenty !
    Also don't stack the bags on concrete , raise them up on some insulation board/ timber/ plaster board etc do they dont take in moisture .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks lads, bakerbhoy you way is easier I did it the long way last night
    8'x4' sheet = 32sq feet, converted the 36sq mtrs into sq feet which gave me 398/32=12.4:rolleyes:
    Chippy re plaster calc's;)

Advertisement