Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick's Olympians

• 20-06-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I was told that there is to be or has been an unveiling of a plaque celebrating Limerick's olympians . I can't find anything on it , has anyone got any info on it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I'd love to know where they're getting all the money for these plaques. :P

They unveiled a cage sculpture only yesterday for the emergency services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'd love to know where they're getting all the money for these plaques. :P

They unveiled a cage sculpture only yesterday for the emergency services.

That was local trogladyte, Mayor Jim Long, trying to win a few votes. It's a nice sculpture all the same.

There's always a rush to get things unveiled at this time of year as the outgoing Mayor tries to get his name associated with one last project. I hate these stupid, tacky stones with inscriptions that seem to go along with every sculpture or monument that's unvelied.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

zulutango wrote: »
    That was local trogladyte, Mayor Jim Long, trying to win a few votes. It's a nice sculpture all the same.

There's always a rush to get things unveiled at this time of year as the outgoing Mayor tries to get his name associated with one last project. I hate these stupid, tacky stones with inscriptions that seem to go along with every sculpture or monument that's unvelied.

Where is it located ? love to have a gawk at it . Any pictures anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

marienbad wrote: »

In the Curraghower Park on Clancy Strand (the older one, not Robert Byrne Park).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

marienbad wrote: »

2630437168.jpg

Courtesy of Limerick Leader.

• Advertisement
Advertisement