Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NPIP Pharmacy

Options
  • 20-06-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hey pharmacy guys....
    Just wondering about the pharmacy internship programme PSI/RCSI this year
    are there many of us without a job yet? and is the prospect of working unpaid likely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

glut22 wrote: »
    Hey pharmacy guys....
    Just wondering about the pharmacy internship programme PSI/RCSI this year
    are there many of us without a job yet? and is the prospect of working unpaid likely?

Who told your class you may have to work unpaid?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

There were rumours floating around....i got a call from a pharmacy at the beginning saying they werent in a position to pay the intern
    I really cant afford to work unpaid plus do the extra coursework

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

I've heard those rumours going around over the past few years alright.

I would never advise someone to work unpaid, and I think any employer should offer at least the minimum wage to the intern.

There is still quite a bit of time before you start the program, why not keep searching? Don't limit yourself to an area. Talk to local pharmacists, there are tutors that are not listed on the tutor list that may take you on if you're lucky.

Places are very limited with little reward for the tutor, and with all the expenses related to employment including erPRSI and contact hours, especially in the current climate, I understand why many pharmacists do not partake in the NPIP as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I only ever heard of one guy ever doing a pre reg for free and that's cause he was desperate to get into hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

i dunno i just think the whole application system is ridiculous and getting very disheartened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Tough. Get out there and find yourself a place. There are loads of spaces available. The system of allocating people will be sorted for next year or the year after. In the mean time you'll have to put up with what all the rest of us did.

Advertisement