Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connolly Station to Dundrum Shopping Centre

Options
  • 20-06-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'll be arriving at Connolly Station with the intention of making it to Dundrum shopping centre. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice on the best route to take?

I'm thinking of walking from Connolly Station to the Luas stop in St Stephen's Green (which will take about 25 minutes as far as I know?). Then getting the Luas from St Stephen's Green to the Dundrum or Balally stops and walking from there (which the website claims is only a few minutes walk) to the shopping centre.

Any other easier routes and where is closer to get off, Dundrum or Balally?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'd do the same if I were you. Balally is closer to the shopping centre and it's very well signposted from the Luas Station.

I'm not familiar with buses etc, so maybe someone could advise you differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

lizt wrote: »
    I'd do the same if I were you. Balally is closer to the shopping centre and it's very well signposted from the Luas Station.

I'm not familiar with buses etc, so maybe someone could advise you differently.
    +1 It's a decent spin by bus, so i go by luas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'll be arriving at Connolly Station with the intention of making it to Dundrum shopping centre. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice on the best route to take?

I'm thinking of walking from Connolly Station to the Luas stop in St Stephen's Green (which will take about 25 minutes as far as I know?). Then getting the Luas from St Stephen's Green to the Dundrum or Balally stops and walking from there (which the website claims is only a few minutes walk) to the shopping centre.

Any other easier routes and where is closer to get off, Dundrum or Balally?

Thanks all!
    Red Luas to middle Abbey St. Walk to Stephens Green. Green line to Balally. Not Dundrum!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Perfect, thanks everyone! :)

Dart to pearse and walk to Stephens green IMO.

It genuinely is only a short walk from balally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could get Dublin Bus route 14 from Connolly Luas stop to Dundrum in about the same time - ask the driver to let you off at the centre. Might not be practical at rush hour though.

Alternatively Dublin Bus route 14 or 15 from Connolly Luas stop to Kildare Street and then Luas from St. Stephen's Green.

Or get the DART from Connoly to Pearse and then Luas from St. Stephen's Green.

Or get the DART from Connoly to Pearse and then Dublin Bus route 44 or 61 to Dundrum.

How are you arriving in Connolly Station?

If you're arriving by Dart or another train that stops at Pearse, then I'd agree with whoopsadaisydoodles, just get off at Pearse instead of Connolly. Then walk to the Green line.

If you're arriving by a train that doesn't pass through Pearse, then if I were you I'd get off at Connolly and just walk to the Green line from there. 25 mins sounds long but it's really not much of a walk. I wouldn't waste money looking for a mode of transport between them, such as the luas to Abbey St. that Pa Dee suggested.

While I'm not too familiar with the buses that go there, to be honest they sound like a better bet. The suggestions by Victor sound more practical than the Connolly-Green line-Balally scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Victor wrote: »
    You could get Dublin Bus route 14 from Connolly Luas stop to Dundrum in about the same time - ask the driver to let you off at the centre. Might not be practical at rush hour though.

Agree with this. The journey on the number 14 is about an hour. The walk to Stephens Green is about 25 mins, and Luas to Dundrum is about 15-20 mins. The journey is a bit shorter overall, but at least with the bus, it is literally door to door, so you don't have to worry about bad weather.

Advertisement