Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Cooking Club Week 25: Mars Bar Treats

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

How long would these keep for?

I made these last Saturday and they still taste crispy and yummy. I have them in a biscuit tin box in the fridge.

Made these tonight, looking forward to trying them tomorrow (bringing them into work).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Made these last night for the gang in work.

Tried one. Didn't really like it so I tried another....and another...and another.....

...and then I *might* have had 2 for breakfast this morning :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

My nieces and nephews arrive tomorrow... So I've bought more ingredients... gonna make another batch now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

ChewChew wrote: »
    My nieces and nephews arrive tomorrow... So I've bought more ingredients... gonna make another batch now :D

They're gonna loooooooooooove you:P

• Advertisement

Round 2.
    I've just made a quick dash to the local convenience for 7 mars bars, a block of butter and 2 large bars of milk chocolate.
    I. Just. Cannot. Resist. The. Temptation.
    Help.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

These are in the fridge now. 200g of chocolate didn't come anywhere near covering them. Even 400g left me a good bit shy. I'm not sure if I spread them out too much or didn't compact them enough and the chocolate leaked through.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I used 400g of chocolate Too ;)

Batch I made last night, I ran out of rice krispies so I threw in some coco pop, sugar puffs and handfuls of bran flakes. Kids still loved them and I must admit, they are just as nice!!! Nom!!!

These are in the fridge now. 200g of chocolate didn't come anywhere near covering them. Even 400g left me a good bit shy. I'm not sure if I spread them out too much or didn't compact them enough and the chocolate leaked through.

That's what i thought initially but once set and sliced, I thought it was just enough. Any more would make it a bit sickly. At least that's what I think.

Dónal wrote: »
    Made these tonight, looking forward to trying them tomorrow (bringing them into work).

My work helped devour these, great recipe OP. My OH also brought loads into her work, they loved them. I'll definitely be making these again.

200g of chocolate just about covered the top of my lasagne dish btw. I used the milka with dime bits in it that the €2 shop had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

neuro-praxis' swan song. Bye bye and farewell! Always liked your posts. You'll be missed!

Will you still be checking in on us from time to time? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkieschick

OMG these look amazing have to try them, thanks so much for sharing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Second I was invited to a BBQ I knew I had to make these, cause I was dying for a few myself but needed badly people to share the tray with :pac: I was feeling filthy and added cut up Twix and Malteasers. The top chocolate is this cheap stuff cause Canadians don't appreciate good chocolate, but it was ok as its mostly the Mars Bar you taste! And everyone was raving about them and wanted the recipe :D

001tl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Made a smaller version of this last night.
    1 Mars Bar
    30g Cocopops
    25g butter

Was a bit wetter looking than the OP. not sure is thats due to slightly higher ratios of mars bar, or if Coco Pops are denser - probably both tbh.

But was still amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

picture.php?albumid=2062&pictureid=13389

The rabbit got it!!!

picture.php?albumid=2062&pictureid=13390

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Thanks for the lovely recipe neuro-praxis - and for all the contributions you've made round here particularly in the cooking section. You revolutionised my bolognese sauce with your suggestion of balsamic vinegar!

You'll be missed...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Hah.
    I just made a big bollocknaoise there and after reading your post krankykitty I added balsamic vinegar to it. It really gives it a wee kick. Cheers!
    Neuro, I too enjoyed your posts all over boards, thanks for your contributions over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Loopy wrote: »
    Hah.
    I just made a big bollocknaoise there and after reading your post krankykitty I added balsamic vinegar to it. It really gives it a wee kick. Cheers!
    Neuro, I too enjoyed your posts all over boards, thanks for your contributions over the years.
    Had to thank this purely for the 'bollocknaoise' :D

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I made these, and found them very sweet so used dark chocolate for the topping to balance out the sweetness and they were gorgeous!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkieschick

ok i made these and they were amazing but they did not last very long will have to make double the recipe the next time, they were amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Fantastic simple and tasty recipe, thanks for posting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Very tasty and messy. I used dark (60%) chocolate, very nice.

Will be making this later tonight for a kids birthday party tomorrow. Mmmmmmmmmm......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I made these early on with the kids. Only had enough rice krispies to make a half mixture.

There is a very thin coating of chocolate on top as half the bar was scoffed by my helpers when my back was turned. Still they are yum.

Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭swine

Looks lovely fitzcoff, apart from the middle one, which looks liked baked beans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

swine wrote: »
    Looks lovely fitzcoff, apart from the middle one, which looks liked baked beans!

lol, now that you say it, it does. They didn't last long whatever way they looked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Have them in the fridge now!

Hope they don't take too long to set :)

Made a double batch there for a friend's bake sale, nom.

378655_10151207219259048_1705216505_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I made these last night. I used galaxy chocolate on top. Devine.

428497CC-4316-4E49-B1BC-43F3C1826C10-3111-0000054C9149B780.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I made these yesterday and they're tasty alright but I think next time I might try with a bit less butter as thats almost the dominant taste I'm getting.

Advertisement