Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Cooking Club Week 25: Mars Bar Treats

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Made these at the weekend. Absolutely delicious! I used the Lidl knock-off Mars Bars and they were actually really nice. Also used their milk chocolate for the topping (used 300g) and it was fab!

I ate about 6 of them in one day :o Friends and family scoffed the rest though :(

YyP3y.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

thank you so much for putting up this recipe - made them loved them

marsbars.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just made these - yum!! Think I prefer regular Rice Krispie buns though, these are a bit too rich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Mars bars are on special until the end of the month in tesco, a pack of four standard bars for €1.37 A great reason to make these again :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Great, I've been requested to make these again :-) I don't know how much mars bars are normally but I guess lent is a good month to get offers on chocolate! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

Tried this over the weekend and boy were they delicious :D.
    Like other poster have said 200 grams of chocolate is not enough for the topping. I put in 300 grams and it was just about enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Again a pack of four standard bars for €1.37 until 09/04/13 in Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

These are so tasty, although I mucked up melting the chocolate for the top (mmm - grainy). Thanks neuro-praxis! Halved the amount in the recipe because I only had 4 mars bars, worked out fabulously. Must remind self that if I eat all of it I've eaten 7 bars of chocolate and a wodge of butter.

35a9e25e-6777-439c-af9e-b0335614bfb7_zps3e86cad0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

My effort for the trick or treaters

Made these again at the weekend with a bit of an Easter twist :)

JEndakJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Made these again at the weekend with a bit of an Easter twist :)
    I love your cake stand, where did you get it?

I love your cake stand, where did you get it?

It's my sister-in-law's actually, I THINK it's from Dunnes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Made these at the weekend, have to say they are gorgeous! It is physically impossible just to eat one!

Thanks OP for my expanding waistline!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I made these this weekend for the crèche picnic, they went down very well, lots of sticky little hands around the place!
    I had to use Coco pops instead of Rice Krispies, for some reason they are very difficult to find here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Can't believe I haven't made these for awhile. Long overdue!
    The Mars bars I picked up in Lidl were 51g per bar, so I did end up having to use all eight bars (and bit 8g off it m:D ) to make up 400g.

IMG_20150203_144810_zps1t8lqdzp.jpg

I've forgotten how good this was. Made 2 slabs for my son's cake sale this morning. Drizzled the top with white chocolate for extra naughtiness.

InstagramCapture_cec7dbc6-4c51-4079-92b7-3fb82fa01849_jpg_zpssr7zgw3l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Would like to try these. What size tray should they be put into?

Whispered wrote: »
    Would like to try these. What size tray should they be put into?

A standard roasting dish (I think it's a 9"x13") would do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I used my lasagne dish.

I've a batch going in the fridge now to take to the neighbours' place tomorrow night for after dinner. :pac:

21afhjq.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    By the way, this batch made 18 laaaaaaaarge treats and costed me €7.43 in total.

Just made these and thanks to ridiculous Centra prices and my inability to get anything right they cost me three and a half times this! They're in the fridge now and I'm looking forward to surprising the OH with his birthday treat later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I made three batches of these today for a family gathering this weekend. There in the fridge now calling me!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Surely these more than make up for forgetting to buy a birthday card!

EDIT: Boyfriend and his roommate are delighted and very much approve.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

God I desperately want to make these again!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Faith wrote: »
    God I desperately want to make these again!

Doooooo itt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Jaysus, I was browsing this forum for ideas and this recipe caught my eye. I love Mars Bars and I'm sure these will go down well with my folks. I'm going to a birthday party at the weekend so I might whip up a batch of these to bring over, provided I don't scoff the lot!
    Thanks for sharing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I love making these.
    Be sure get the chocolate, krispies, 'Mars' bars in Aldi or Lidl to save a good bit.
    Aldi's stuff is just as good, if not better... their 'Dairyfine' chocolate is fantastic to melt on top.
    Although making them and seeing what goes in them may put you off for a split second! :pac:

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

These are always a big hit when I make them. I like to put a good layer of dark chocolate on as a topping to balance out the sweetness of the mars bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Stop bumping this thread!! I'm off chocolate for Lent and it's killing me to see this thread being bumped in my followed thread feed! I want to make it and eat it all!!

Advertisement