Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours with questionable behaviour

• 20-06-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Did a search there and no similiar threads had come up - however I'n new so it might just be some naïveté on my part (being my first thread and all). If this topic has already been covered - mods feel free to move it elsewhere/delete it :)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else here is or was experienced the curse of creepy neighbours? I don't mind the sterotypical elderly man that lives alone that all the children are scared of etc, I mean neighbours that just seem to have something not quite right about them.. P.S. rant alert, sorry now.

I'll start by saying I've lived in my house ever since I was a baby and live in a lovely little cul de sac with about 15 other houses or so in what is perceived to be quite an affluent area. I know 90% of my neighbours on a friendly basis (help the elderly ones with their shopping, give some of the kids a piece of whatever I'm baking if I'm feeling generous etc) and have never encountered any anti-social behaviour. Our houses are terraced and the garden walls are way below average in height (seriously I'd say they're only around 1.3 metres high!) so whenever I need to go out into my garden, it's pretty much inevitable that I'd bump into one of my neighbours. On the one hand, that's great because I love my left-hand neighbours and often hop over the wall to their house (with an invitation of course) whereas the right-hand side neighbour.. Not so much.

Basically, he's a middle aged guy, jesus he must be about 50 by now but I swear he doesn't age. He doesn't talk to anyone, only leaves his house at night and lives alone. I mean, yeah he's a nice guy but I wouldn't call him harmless altogether.. Whenever I go out into the garden, the small talk is awkward and nearly always focused on the weather and I often just go back inside. And like, if it's an exceptional, one-in-a-year type day in Dublin I'll go out and sunbathe. And if there's nobody from my family home, or the left-side neighbours, I'd do it topless. Usually I'll remember the other guy and prompty crawl back inside, he's made a point of walking outside when I'm sunbathing - naked or not. I've been inside his house once, when I was about 10 and locked out of my own home and the other neighbours were gone, and his house was the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen. He's a hoarder - I mean he literally had no furniture bar an armchair that was falling apart and a 40'' plazma tv.. and then stacks and stacks of yellow newspapers. The entire first floor was made up of newspapers. Looking back on it now, I think he used newspaper as wallpaper..

But besides the feeling that he is constantly watching me I go outside or his unusual comings and goings in the night-time, the thing that creeps me out to no end is the fact that he is constantly in the garden after about 11pm. Every single day. For over 17 years now, rain or shine. He's always moving around soil with a shovel.. I don't understand why he does this only at this night? Coupled with his only leaving/entering his house in the evening as well.. The shovel makes a very distinct sound.

Now, I don't mind him having a hobby and in fact I think gardening is great, it's just that he doesn't seem to be trying to grow anything. His garden is just soil. No grass, no shed, no trees. Just soil. And I always hear the shovel.. He's just moving soil from place to place with a shovel :confused: Anytime that I've come out and he's there with his shovel, it's like he's in a trance, doesn't greet anyone and focuses completely on the patces of soil? Honestly, it's freaking me out no end now. It's perfectly possible he's a serial killer however that would probably require him speaking to people in the first place so the other possibility is.. I'm terrified he's killing and burying the neighbourhood cats. I've got 2 cats at the moment, I had one that went missing 5 years ago and several of my neighbour's cats have gone missing. I'm starting to wonder if there's something sinister about his shovelling.

So anyway rant over, I was wondering if anyone else here has/had neighbours with questionable habits and mannerisms :D? And am I just paranoid or does my neighbour's behaviour sound totally alien to anyone else :eek:??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

PandaX9 wrote: »
    So anyway rant over, I was wondering if anyone else here has/had neighbours with questionable habits and mannerisms :D? And am I just paranoid or does my neighbour's behaviour sound totally alien to anyone else :eek:??

I wouldn't be suspicious about your neighbour, unless he puts a patio down. It's a tough job keeping the weeds down at this time of year, but there's usually a body under the patio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

TLDR
    I'll go out and sunbathe. And if there's nobody from my family home, or the left-side neighbours, I'd do it topless.

Hold the fuckin' phone a sec...........

mikom wrote: »
    TLDR

Hold the fuckin' phone a sec...........

I missed that bit, OP you're driving your neighbour to distraction:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

He sounds fairly weird. You sunbathe naked outside and he walks out. Any normal guy would sneakily peer out the window. What a weirdo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

... seriously I'd say they're only around 1.3 metres high!...
    Oddly specific.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

He sounds like one of those non aggressive creeper peeping tom types,but that said you were topless so he is going to look wierdo or not,id say anybody would..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

So you only sunbathe topless when you know this guy can see you?

Ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

get tom hanks on the case,sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

The whole thing sounds like the makings of a decent episode of desperate housewives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

How many years ago did he have this 40" TV???

Are you male or female ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

There is nothing wrong with him but there is with you.You want him to see you naked but no one else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Boombastic wrote: »
    I wouldn't be suspicious about your neighbour, unless he puts a patio down. It's a tough job keeping the weeds down at this time of year, but there's usually a body under the patio.

what weeds, it's literally just soil! it looks like it's completely inhospitable to any sort of organic life at this stage, what with his constant f*cking it around with shovels all night..

And to everyone else, I've actually started strategically positioning umbrellas around me in such a way so that if he had an aerial view of me, i.e. his upstairs, he wouldn't get to see anything.. I hope. Otherwise I've been untentionally sunbathing completely naked surrounded by umbrellas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

he's made a point of walking outside when I'm sunbathing - naked.

Gigity Gigity Goo

How many years ago did he have this 40" TV???

Are you male or female ?
    I've been inside his house once, when I was about 10 and locked out of my own home and the other neighbours were gone, and his house was the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen. He's a hoarder - I mean he literally had no furniture bar an armchair that was falling apart and a 40'' plazma tv..

At what age would a girl sunbathe topless?
    16 perhaps............ at a stretch.
    Would he have had a 40 inch plasma 6 years ago?

I smell bull****.

And to everyone else, I've actually started strategically positioning umbrellas around me in such a way so that if he had an aerial view of me, i.e. his upstairs, he wouldn't get to see anything.. I hope. Otherwise I've been untentionally sunbathing completely naked surrounded by umbrellas..

You have tits and a fanny........ big fuckin' whoop

HazDanz wrote: »
    The whole thing sounds like the makings of a decent episode of desperate housewives.

I take offence at your suggestion that I watch such drivel :D!

and hey in fairness, how am I meant to know whether or not he's home? I can't tailor the sun and therefore my sunbathing options to being only when he is out. When I know for a fact he is home, I'll lie on my stomach or wear a bra.

what weeds, it's literally just soil! it looks like it's completely inhospitable to any sort of organic life at this stage, what with his constant f*cking it around with shovels all night..

Weeds are growing nuts in this weather. Do you sunbathe topless in this weather in Ireland? Your nipples are probably banging off his window every time you move, it's so cold.:D

bs!troll thread.op has just watched the burbs and come up with this story.fail....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

He sounds like one of those non aggressive creeper peeping tom types,

For walking outside to his garden on a sunny day? And that makes him a peeping tom?
    If the wall is low the OP needs to come to agreement and raise the wall.

First she moans he never goes out, only at night
    Then she moans he goes outside when she is also outside sunbathing

Now he is a peeping tom
    No wonder the poor man never leaves his house, he is wrong no matter what he does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

When I know for a fact he is home, I'll lie on my back or wear a bra.
    Well there you go. That's where you're going wrong.

mikom wrote: »
    At what age would a girl sunbathe topless?
    16 perhaps............ at a stretch.
    Would he have had a 40 inch plasma 6 years ago?

I smell bull****.

Also........ you have tits and a fanny........ big ****in' whoop

My tv is at least 5 years old, and it's 48 inches?
    I don't see why it's so unthinkable for big tvs to have been around in the past 8 years?

And also, I did say it was considered to be an affluent area? Maybe he saved up and imported a tv, how should I know?

And what's wrong for anyone who is not 16 to sunbathe naked? God forbid women don't hide their bodies, particularly in the sun.

• Advertisement

And what's wrong for anyone who is not 16 to sunbathe naked? God forbid women don't hide their bodies, particularly in the sun.

Slap them up there so for the world to see.

The sun would pay you by the way.............. but only if you are decent looking.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Well there you go. That's where you're going wrong.

Bollocks I mean stomach. And yay for all the suggestions that I think he is a peeping tom? I don't. Maybe he's a bit lonely perhaps.

But his gardening behaviour seems very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

But besides the feeling that he is constantly watching me I go outside or his unusual comings and goings in the night-time, the thing that creeps me out to no end is the fact that he is constantly in the garden after about 11pm. Every single day. For over 17 years now, rain or shine. He's always moving around soil with a shovel.. I don't understand why he does this only at this night? Coupled with his only leaving/entering his house in the evening as well.. The shovel makes a very distinct sound.

Now, I don't mind him having a hobby and in fact I think gardening is great, it's just that he doesn't seem to be trying to grow anything. His garden is just soil. No grass, no shed, no trees. Just soil. And I always hear the shovel.. He's just moving soil from place to place with a shovel :confused:

Maybe he is another fred west:eek:

deco nate wrote: »
    bs!troll thread.op has just watched the burbs and come up with this story.fail....

What?
    What have I meant to have watched?
    "Burbs"?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Op you sound like a prick tease tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What age are you OP?

Who doesn't know about the Burbs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Did a search there and no similiar threads had come up - however I'n new so it might just be some naïveté on my part (being my first thread and all). If this topic has already been covered - mods feel free to move it elsewhere/delete it :)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else here is or was experienced the curse of creepy neighbours? I don't mind the sterotypical elderly man that lives alone that all the children are scared of etc, I mean neighbours that just seem to have something not quite right about them.. P.S. rant alert, sorry now.

I'll start by saying I've lived in my house ever since I was a baby and live in a lovely little cul de sac with about 15 other houses or so in what is perceived to be quite an affluent area. I know 90% of my neighbours on a friendly basis (help the elderly ones with their shopping, give some of the kids a piece of whatever I'm baking if I'm feeling generous etc) and have never encountered any anti-social behaviour. Our houses are terraced and the garden walls are way below average in height (seriously I'd say they're only around 1.3 metres high!) so whenever I need to go out into my garden, it's pretty much inevitable that I'd bump into one of my neighbours. On the one hand, that's great because I love my left-hand neighbours and often hop over the wall to their house (with an invitation of course) whereas the right-hand side neighbour.. Not so much.

Basically, he's a middle aged guy, jesus he must be about 50 by now but I swear he doesn't age. He doesn't talk to anyone, only leaves his house at night and lives alone. I mean, yeah he's a nice guy but I wouldn't call him harmless altogether.. Whenever I go out into the garden, the small talk is awkward and nearly always focused on the weather and I often just go back inside. And like, if it's an exceptional, one-in-a-year type day in Dublin I'll go out and sunbathe. And if there's nobody from my family home, or the left-side neighbours, I'd do it topless. Usually I'll remember the other guy and prompty crawl back inside, he's made a point of walking outside when I'm sunbathing - naked or not. I've been inside his house once, when I was about 10 and locked out of my own home and the other neighbours were gone, and his house was the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen. He's a hoarder - I mean he literally had no furniture bar an armchair that was falling apart and a 40'' plazma tv.. and then stacks and stacks of yellow newspapers. The entire first floor was made up of newspapers. Looking back on it now, I think he used newspaper as wallpaper..

Now, I don't mind him having a hobby and in fact I think gardening is great, it's just that he doesn't seem to be trying to grow anything. His garden is just soil. No grass, no shed, no trees. Just soil. And I always hear the shovel.. He's just moving soil from place to place with a shovel :confused: Anytime that I've come out and he's there with his shovel, it's like he's in a trance, doesn't greet anyone and focuses completely on the patces of soil? Honestly, it's freaking me out no end now. It's perfectly possible he's a serial killer however that would probably require him speaking to people in the first place so the other possibility is.. I'm terrified he's killing and burying the neighbourhood cats. I've got 2 cats at the moment, I had one that went missing 5 years ago and several of my neighbor's cats have gone missing. I'm starting to wonder if there's something sinister about his shovelling.

Have you ever seen a Tesco van deliver several crates of True Blood? or have you noticed pets disappearing from the neighborhood?

My tv is at least 5 years old, and it's 48 inches?
    I don't see why it's so unthinkable for big tvs to have been around in the past 8 years?

And also, I did say it was considered to be an affluent area? Maybe he saved up and imported a tv, how should I know?

troll be trollin,op.have to say it was a great movie.
    Now if you say its real one more time,go out an take a pic of said garden an post a link to it.bear in mind most people know how to find out if the pic is real or not.btw all your post are fail

Yes because I clearly want to catch this man in compromising situations for my own pleasure?

No. Fine if you people want, I'll cut out all the other stuff and it'll be just be about his unusual gardening habits, seeing as god forbid, I openly admit to sunbathing topless? I have no problem with him whatsoever, but if he was more social I wouldn't feel so weird about the possibility of him "watching" me. And I'm not saying he does, how would I know that? I don't stare at his house all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Something's not adding up here. . . . . .

. . . . How big are your knockers OP?

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Maybe he is another fred west:eek:

or Fritzel, OP maybe all the soil is coming out of the secret bunker he's building under the house:eek:

Have you ever seen a Tesco van deliver several crates of True Blood? or have you noticed pets disappearing from the neighborhood?
    I had one that went missing 5 years ago and several of my neighbor's cats have gone missing.

Yeah, and always really abruptly with no trace of them after. It'd be about four cats and three dogs in the space of a few years? It'd probably only be the cats though if he did have something to do with it, I mean a lot of them do see his garden as a giant outdoor toilet because it's just soil and nothing else. Maybe it bothered him, but I don't see why anyone would resort to something to extreme.

but if he was more social I wouldn't feel so weird about the possibiliy of him "watching" me.

Like if he updated his facebook status with posts and pictures of you and all his friends liked it?

Where To wrote: »

. . . . How big are your knockers OP?

42 inches and made of plasma......

• Advertisement

Yes because I clearly want to catch this man in compromising situations for my own pleasure?

No. Fine if you people want, I'll cut out all the other stuff and it'll be just be about his unusual gardening habits, seeing as god forbid, I openly admit to sunbathing topless? I have no problem with him whatsoever, but if he was more social I wouldn't feel so weird about the possibiliy of him "watching" me. And I'm not saying he does, how would I know that? I don't stare at his house all day.
    Well maybe he feels he can only do his gardening in the night time because you're less likely to be lying around with your knockers on show.
    Have you ever thought that maybe you make him uncomfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

OP, I think you are the creepy neighbour.

Happyman42 wrote: »

That's an amazing waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 George..

And to everyone else, I've actually started strategically positioning umbrellas around me in such a way so that if he had an aerial view of me, i.e. his upstairs, he wouldn't get to see anything.. I hope.

You 'sunbathe' surrounded with umbrellas :confused:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

Basically, he's a middle aged guy, jesus he must be about 50 by now but I swear he doesn't age. He doesn't talk to anyone, only leaves his house at night and lives alone. I mean, yeah he's a nice guy but I wouldn't call him harmless altogether.. Whenever I go out into the garden, the small talk is awkward and nearly always focused on the weather and I often just go back inside. And like, if it's an exceptional, one-in-a-year type day in Dublin I'll go out and sunbathe. And if there's nobody from my family home, or the left-side neighbours, I'd do it topless. Usually I'll remember the other guy and prompty crawl back inside, he's made a point of walking outside when I'm naked or not.sunbathing - I've been inside his house once, when I was about 10 and locked out of my own home and the other neighbours were gone, and his house was the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen. He's a hoarder - I mean he literally had no furniture bar an armchair that was falling apart and a 40'' plazma tv.. and then stacks and stacks of yellow newspapers. The entire first floor was made up of newspapers. Looking back on it now, I think he used newspaper as wallpaper..

Now, I don't mind him having a hobby and in fact I think gardening is great, it's just that he doesn't seem to be trying to grow anything. His garden is just soil. No grass, no shed, no trees. Just soil. And I always hear the shovel.. He's just moving soil from place to place with a shovel :confused: Anytime that I've come out and he's there with his shovel, it's like he's in a trance, doesn't greet anyone and focuses completely on the patces of soil? Honestly, it's freaking me out no end now. It's perfectly possible he's a serial killer however that would probably require him speaking to people in the first place so the other possibility is.. I'm terrified he's killing and burying the neighbourhood cats. I've got 2 cats at the moment, I had one that went missing 5 years ago and several of my neighbour's cats have gone missing. I'm starting to wonder if there's something sinister about his shovelling.

its his house and his garden.he is perfectly entitled to dig/shovel/throw soil anywhere he feels like it.just because you want to walk out with your tits hanging out, does not mean he has to stay indoors to suit you.
    try and mind your own ****ing business,
    make an appt to see a doctor about your paranoia.you have been 17 YEARS watching this guy!!!!!!!!what the **** is wrong with you?
    jesus, i pity the guy living beside a total loony like you.

I'd seriously appreciate if people stopped asking me how large my breasts are, regardless of the answer I'd give you it's "apparent" that I'd be "lying"?

And I don't know if it would make him uncomfortable, I hope not. I am rarely home anyway and you people should all know how rare a nice sunny day is in Ireland. In short: percentage of nice sunny days in Ireland, about 20%. Percentage of days I'm home, 10%. And if there were 7 nice sunny days in ireland in a row, I'd only be home for about 2 of them and sunbathing in only one.

But yes I'd really like to know why he's digging all the time, it's been years and seemingly hasn't amounted to anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

HazDanz wrote: »
    That's an amazing waste of time.

:D:D Tis! He obviously hasn't discovered Boards.ie!:D

George.. wrote: »
    You 'sunbathe' surrounded with umbrellas :confused:

To keep the rain off, but you have to do it topless or you'll have strap marks

I'd seriously appreciate if people stopped asking me how large my breasts are, regardless of the answer I'd give you it's "apparent" that I'd be "lying"?

And I don't know if it would make him uncomfortable, I hope not. I am rarely home anyway and you people should all know how rare a nice sunny day is in Ireland. In short: percentage of nice sunny days in Ireland, about 20%. Percentage of days I'm home, 10%. And if there were 7 nice sunny days in ireland in a row, I'd only be home for about 2 of them and sunbathing in only one.

But yes I'd really like to know why he's digging all the time, it's been years and seemingly hasn't amounted to anything.
    So go ask him. Just put a top on first.
    Why the attention seeking here for an answer no one has???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

You started it!

I take offence at your suggestion that I watch such drivel :D!

and hey in fairness, how am I meant to know whether or not he's home? I can't tailor the sun and therefore my sunbathing options to being only when he is out. When I know for a fact he is home, I'll lie on my stomach or wear a bra.

I think the whole gardening at night to be a bit peculiar. He might be an R.E.M fan, then it's pretty cool.

You should give him some of your baked goods and see would he like a chat and tea? He just sounds socially a bit awkward and might like the night time with less people around to do the things he likes without hassle, like digging around in soil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

I'd seriously appreciate if people stopped asking me how large my breasts are, regardless of the answer I'd give you it's "apparent" that I'd be "lying.

Its okay, some sort of photographic evidence will be fine for most of us. Video format with jiggling will appease the rest.

Gardening Forum >>

<<<< Carla Gallo appreciation forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement