Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Mechanic in Clonmel area

Options
  • 20-06-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Anyone with any recommendations for a trustworthy car mechanic in the Clonmel area? Looking for a proper garage, vat registered etc. who won't rip me off or make up problems with the car

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

I know its a bit from Clonmel but Tom Burke Motors in Cahir is spot on. His number is 0876849638. I've no connection except as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I know its a bit from Clonmel but Tom Burke Motors in Cahir is spot on. His number is 0876849638. I've no connection except as a customer.

Thanks. Cahir is fine as I live in the sticks between the two towns. Do you know where he is in the town and if he services all brands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Yeah he does all makes, he's on the link road beside Gleesons Tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Meathlass wrote: »
    Thanks. Cahir is fine as I live in the sticks between the two towns. Do you know where he is in the town and if he services all brands?

Maybe Gerry O Sullivan near Barne might suit if you're in between the two towns then. If you take the turning off the Clonmel Cahir road for New Inn, he's up there about 1/2 a mile on the right hand side. He's been in business for more than 20 years. I've never had a reason to get work done there as I was a mechanic in my past, but he does good work. I'm no way associated with him btw. Just sounds like he might be local to you and might be handier.

Maybe Gerry O Sullivan near Barne might suit if you're in between the two towns then. If you take the turning off the Clonmel Cahir road for New Inn, he's up there about 1/2 a mile on the right hand side. He's been in business for more than 20 years. I've never had a reason to get work done there as I was a mechanic in my past, but he does good work. I'm no way associated with him btw. Just sounds like he might be local to you and might be handier.

Thanks. Gerry is actually only down the road from me. He's just so busy all the time and I can't afford to leave my car with him for a week or so to get it fixed as I need it for work. Might give him a call on the way home in case he can look at it over weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Have had terrible experiences with Gerry O'Sullivan myself. Would not return.

pooch90 wrote: »
    Have had terrible experiences with Gerry O'Sullivan myself. Would not return.

Hmm, dropping my car in there tomorrow evening so will see how it goes. Thing is I don't actually know what's wrong with it and when I describe the problem most mechanics look at me as if I'm a bit cracked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Noel Kennedy is an excellent mechanic, He is out by Marlfield near the lake.

To be honest, I just felt like they were taking the p1ss with me because I was a girl.
    They kept the car for three months.
    Every time I rang, I was fobbed off. Got it back 1 1/2 months in only for it to be sent back the next day as it was still wrecked.
    Whenever I called out the car was just sitting in the yard, never seemed to be anybody working on it.
    In the end, all in, they charged me €3K!

The only mechanic in Clonmel I was happy with was John McInerney but he has retired now. There is meant to be a guy in Gurtnafleur that's good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

pooch90 wrote: »

The only mechanic in Clonmel I was happy with was John McInerney but he has retired now. There is meant to be a guy in Gurtnafleur that's good though.

Lol. I worked there about 20 years ago. The guy in Gurtnafleur used to work there too when he closed, I'm told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Clonmelinfo

Mark Hassett in Gurtnafleur took most of John McInerney customers when he retired. Took my car to Mark, told me what needed to be done, priced it and when he was finished give me an itemised bill.

Nice to hear other recommendations. Will be bringing the cars over there next so.

Had a good experience with Gerry O'Sullivan. Car was fixed within a day and because it was under warranty it didn't cost me anything. Seems as good as new again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Mark Hassett in Gurtnafleur took most of John McInerney customers when he retired. Took my car to Mark, told me what needed to be done, priced it and when he was finished give me an itemised bill.

Is mark hassett in gurtnafluer industrial estate as drove around during week and not see his name any where?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

Ccheidi wrote: »
    Is mark hassett in gurtnafluer industrial estate as drove around during week and not see his name any where?
    Thanks!

Ya he is in gurtnafluer trading as MH Motors i think

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Another good word here for Mark,decent lad and straight up

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Couple months late here but Denis and Declan O Brien in Clerihan are excellent. Have gone there every time my car has given trouble although for body repairs they have sent me to another garage as they are not huge. Had to get the wing repaired before and it only cost €500 and it was done in 24 hours. It was a new wing and had to be sprayed to match the car (new honda wing). €1000 to €1200 in any of the high end garages! Also have bought every one of my cars from him and never have I had a mechanical problem EVER from them. Even a 12 year old car that my sister bought off him has never once broken down in 2 and a half years, not even a light bulb has blown and passed its NCT with flying colours every time. And better still he'll usually give you a good waranty with the car. Got 12 months with my last purchase on a 3 year old machine and he even said he'd make sure it passed its next NCT for free so I dont have to worry about NCT's until 2015 :D

We eventually brought ours to Mark Hassett. Have to say we were delighted with the service. We had budgeted about €1200 for the work and he brought it in at 400. Will be going back to him soon with other car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gburus

Hi lads,

I am in need of a mechanic in Clonmel area too, has anyone phone# for O'Briens in Clerihan? Tried googling to no avail.

Thanks a mill,
    Greg.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

gburus wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I am in need of a mechanic in Clonmel area too, has anyone phone# for O'Briens in Clerihan? Tried googling to no avail.

Thanks a mill,
    Greg.

I'll pm you a number when I get home... Cant remember it off the top of my head but it's on the licence plate of my car :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement