Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molluscum contagiosum

Options
  • 20-06-2012 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi Everyone, kinda new to this, so forgive me if i dont reply very quick!
    My youngest boy (6) has had this rash for the last few months, it was contained to a few spots but in the last few wekks it has spread like i dunno what. took him to gp last week and she said he had this Molluscum contagiosum so since i have been scouring the internet which in hindsight was probably a big mistake, as it has scared the living bejaysus out of me :( and most of the sites are american and english, and remedies are unavailable here.
    i was treating him last week with cetrine antihistimane to stop the itch, and also calamine lotion. no improvement. took him off the cetrine as they were knocking him out within an hour of taking them.........
    so this evening he took a shower and i saw they are spreading to his groin area, which is really freaking me out so now ive starting treating him with tea tree oil and spray plaster to stop them breeding and breathing. did try to squeeze the biggest one and i wont be doing that again, both of us were in tears.
    so bottom line does anyone have any magic cure to this????? hes breaking my heart:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No medical advice, please bring him back to your GP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement