Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lastminute.com/ie Took Money From Account

Options
  • 20-06-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi all, I was booking flight and hotel to the value of €2500 today on lastminute.com I had put in all my info email address, name, card number etc etc when I cliked on complete transaction it said the transaction could not be completed and to call the helpline number, which I did (turned out to be in India) anyway they said the offer I was purchasing was no longer available as the flight or hotel had been booked up (they seemed a bit clueless to me). Anyway they said my card would not be charged but I checked my on-line banking this evening and the money has been taken from my account and i have received no confirmation email or anything to that effect. The helpline is now closed but to be honest I am not looking forward to trying to explain the situation to them as it was hard enough to tell them I couldn't make a simple booking today!!!! Any one got any advice or had a similar problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Contact your bank and do a charge back maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You can just deal with your bank. It could be that the money is 'reserved' and will appear again in your account tomorrow. If not get on to your card issuer and start a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The money may have been pre-authorised, but if the transaction failed to complete, then the funds should be released back to your card soon. Talk to your credit card provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

God I hate when that happens!

O2.ie topup - charged twice
    JustEat - charged three times
    Hotels.com - charged twice

Just do a chargeback

Advertisement