Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is better for 02 Arena Dublin - seated or standing?

Options
  • 20-06-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Going to see Cheryl in October and getting the tickets on Friday.

Just wondering which would be better - seated or standing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I always pick standing. Would hate to be sitting. You could be hundreds of metres away from the stage. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

If you're tall then I'd recommend standing. If you can't see over the kitchen table then seating would be the best. I've seen some small young ones getting swamped at gigs in there. 5'7 and up would be ideal. I'd imagine there won't be any lads at this though so you might be alright if you are small.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Standing.
    You can dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

From having experiences of both, I can say it just depends on the band. Rush and Roger Waters I was sitting in the back row both times, in the middle though, great view and could take in the whole show.

Standing for gigs like Muse and Pearl Jam, allowed me to go crazy.

Works both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Depends on the act really. The seated tickets are not that far away however.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I usually prefer seated, when I was younger I never even would have considered getting seats! if 95 is your birth year you might prefer standing.

I like seated since I know where I will be in advance, and will not be able to lose anybody I go with, and not be straining to see anything. I can drink a pint slowly and have a place to put it down.

Depends on the band as said, some I do not care much what they are doing visually. I doubt the crowd will be going mental at Cheryl Cole, and expect they might have big dance crews doing choreography and firework stuff which might be better viewed from higher up. I would take a look at youtube clips and see what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Just a tip. Unless you're around 18 or above, dont go up near the front of the standing area or you will probably be crushed and trampled upon. I see it happen to young teens every time Im at the 02 and it genuinly is extremely dangerous. Even myself, 20 year old 5ft-7 relatively fit cant take it up there. Too hot and hard to breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I was seated for Rush, about halfway back and thought I was fairly close to the action; usually stand at 02 but was impressed. Compared to Hall 4 of the SECC in Glasgow 2 nights later, seats were miles back from the stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

standing for short periods, seated for long

Advertisement