Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vibram Bikila Ls

Options
  • 20-06-2012 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Looking for a brick and mortar shop in Dublin to go try on a pair of these.

Anyone know anywhere that sells a wide range of vibrams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ultegra

53 degrees north in carrickmines should have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

If you're going to try them on there then have the decency to buy them there! Shops can't survive if people keep using them as internet showrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

If you're going to try them on there then have the decency to buy them there! Shops can't survive if people keep using them as internet showrooms.
    Shops have a major advantage over websites: you can get the product immediately. They just need to bring their prices in line and they'll survive just fine. If they can't do that then they've no business being in business in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Unfortuantely the rent is ever so higher on Henry Street then some blokes garage in Jersey where some internet retailers are based. Shops have to recoop this somehow.

A shop owner told me recently that a guy came in, tried out a few motorbike helmets on and left again. He then returned two weeks later with an internet bought helmet and tried to exchange it for a larger size! The helmet he had tried on was a European size L and when he bought it online an American size L arrived. He had some neck though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Unfortuantely the rent is ever so higher on Henry Street then some blokes garage in Jersey
    The guy in Jersey has to pay for shipping, and if a shop can't be profitable at Henry Street rents, they shouldn't be on Henry Street.
    A shop owner told me recently that a guy came in, tried out a few motorbike helmets on and left again. He then returned two weeks later with an internet bought helmet and tried to exchange it for a larger size!
    :D Classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Very true but with money tight for a lot of people it's very hard not to buy online, that said I'm actually looking at buying a pair of Bikila's myself and have heard to sizings can be a bit funny so figured I'd try them on in a retail store but then buy them there too. If I replace them down the line at that stage I might buy online.

I'm just curious how people have found them, tbh I don't think I'd use them on the mountains much unless it was a light trail.

Advertisement