Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to wear at an intern interview

Options
  • 21-06-2012 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I got offered to do an interview with a company for an editing internship, I am wondering what should I wear? A suit seems like it would be too much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Do not wear a suit.

Repeat.

Do not wear a suit.

Dress casually but smartly. Jeans or slacks and a shirt is fine.

If editors had a uniform it'd be jeans and hoodies so don't worry about being under-dressed. You'll probably be the smartest dressed person in the room in a shirt and slacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hoyeean

Thanks

Any other advice about the interview in general that might help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

hoyeean wrote: »
    Thanks

Any other advice about the interview in general that might help me?

Be polite and friendly. Don't be afraid to talk but don't pretend to know more than you do. They won't expect you to know everything.

Show a willingness to learn and try your hand at whatever they ask you to.

And don't start using lots of technical jargon to try to impress. Had a young guy assisting me one day do that and to be honest I didn't know what he was on about most of the time.

Also - express a desire and fondness for making coffee. That's always a winner.

Best of luck.

Advertisement