Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online payment error, what can I do?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm trying to make a secure online payment, but the online payment system keep reports the following error:

The entered credit card details were not accepted due to the following error:
    Unparseable response from ACS, transaction halted. Please contact the merchant.

I'm sure the information I typed is correct.Is there some wrong with the merchant? what is "Unparseable response from ACS" exactly? what can I do?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aurora2012

I guess it's not really helpful but somebody had the same problem with UCD: https://www.facebook.com/ucdregistry/posts/10150269388932971

I hope it's not for the payment of your accommodation deposit!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

I had similar problem before. Try making few payments for smaller amount. It helped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Call your bank. If its a credit card there could be issues with the limit or it may be blocked if its seen as a large amount compared to usual activity etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sonate

Yashir0 wrote: »
    I'm trying to make a secure online payment, but the online payment system keep reports the following error:

The entered credit card details were not accepted due to the following error:
    Unparseable response from ACS, transaction halted. Please contact the merchant.

I'm sure the information I typed is correct.Is there some wrong with the merchant? what is "Unparseable response from ACS" exactly? what can I do?:confused:

totally same with me! mine is a mastercard. i used a visa card instead then the problem disappeared. the customer service said it was a pay limitation problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

They weren't accepting Ulster Bank cards a few months back, in case that's still an issue...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 HumTrue

Anyone solved it? I am just in the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Its a problem with MasterCard / UlsterBank by the looks of it as I had a similar problem. Check your limit, most cards won't take a fee's level payment when its used to seeing low amounts e.g. Shopping etc. MasterCard seems more sensitive to this than Visa.

Advertisement