Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite race distance and why?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

HIM
    only done sprint and Oly , so went with Oly. purely because it feels like more of an achievement. Which would obviously suggest that If / when i do an HIM i will prefer that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Ah so that's why you stuck on that extra bit at last weekend's race ;)
    I didn't say I was any good at them, I just enjoy them:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Olympic
    Sprints for me. Much prefer the idea of going as fast you can rather than as long as you can.

In the same way that I prefer a vehicle to be able to do 0-60mph in < 5 secs and not do 60mpg.

Sprint = Bugatti Veyron
    Oly = Subaru Impreza
    HIM = Ford Focus
    IM = Prius
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Sprints for me. Much prefer the idea of going as fast you can rather than as long as you can.

In the same way that I prefer a vehicle to be able to do 0-60mph in < 5 secs and not do 60mpg.

Sprint = Bugatti Veyron
    Oly = Subaru Impreza
    HIM = Ford Focus
    IM = Prius
    :D

I'd say you hear the statement "do you mind if I finish myself off" a lot..........

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

HIM
    Thinking more about it I think the race and not the distance is whats most important. Races like HotW, Lost Sheep, Valentia. Epic races in great locations. A crap Olympic course is always going to be surpassed by a class Sprint one.

ElD, you mention that you prefer Sprints. So which would you chose, Crooked Lake or HotW??? Lost Sheep or Athy Olympic? You don't make those decisions based on the race distance.

good point, when I said i preferred olympic i was actually thinking more of the races i preferred than the distance. any race that is well run with a good course keeps me smiling:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Double IM/Multi Day
    Peterx wrote: »
    There's a lack of "messing" input in this tricentric thread.

Might change my mind when I give a proper one a go in a few weeks... See if it lives up to its billing and all that :)

Advertisement