Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch Keypad: LED Warning Light

Options
  • 21-06-2012 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi altor/KoolKid,

I've got two questions for you, & would appreciate your help.

1) I have a HKC Securewatch & engineer code. I've ID'd the keypad so as I could turn the buzzer off for entry & exit. The red alarm LED flashes on the keypad when the system is on part guard but doesn't when on full guard.

The odd time I forget to disarm wnen coming in despite the fact that the keypad is right inside the front door. Is there any setting that I can change to have the keypad LED flashing while on full guard as a reminder?

2) I've read somewhere here in the past that you can also adjust the volume for the keypad tones, but can't seem to find any settings to do this. What menu options do I need to go into to do this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

The volume can't be adjusted on the secureWatch range only the secure wave range . The led can only be set to light up for part guard but you can have the screen display "system armed " for setting away
    It's in the system options menu > arming options > Display armed > yes then quit
    Why do you have the buzzer off? Why not set up 0#8 and turn the entry exit buzzer off in partgaurd menu . The keypad will beep once when arming and once when armed.
    On entry it will beep once Aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

The volume can't be adjusted on the secureWatch range only the secure wave range . The led can only be set to light up for part guard but you can have the screen display "system armed " for setting away
    It's in the system options menu > arming options > Display armed > yes then quit
    Why do you have the buzzer off? Why not set up 0#8 and turn the entry exit buzzer off in partgaurd menu . The keypad will beep once when arming and once when armed.
    On entry it will beep once Aswell
    Thanks for your reply.

The Display armed is already set up, so I'll just leave the keypad 'door' open & make do with that. It's only really the buzzer on full guard that I was concerned about.

Anyway, thanks again - I appreciate your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could fit an external indicator using 12 volt positive and a switched negative output programmed as Arm/Disarm

You could set 0#8 up for full guard .or koolkids method would work just as well

You could set 0#8 up for full guard .or koolkids method would work just as well
    Ok, sorry - I misunderstood what you meant earlier - 0#8 is set up for part guard B with exit time - so that (with the buzzer off) is the result I was looking for. I could use that option when going out which is perfect apart from from the (only) PIR being excluded, which is something I can live with.

What would I have to do to add the PIR on to partguard B (0#8) to make it work like full guard? If it's a lot of bother I won't try, but if it isn't I'd give it a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You just have to change the attributes for the PiR to on for Part Set B

KoolKid wrote: »
    You just have to change the attributes for the PiR to on for Part Set B
    Thanks Koolkid I found an old post by altor & used his instructions for No 4 & changed yes to no in the 'exclude from partguard B' option.

So many thanks to Koolkid, Thunderbird2 and altor.

Glad you got sorted :) if you need anything else just ask

Another happy punter.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

jeckle wrote: »
    I found an old post by altor & used his instructions for No 4 & changed yes to no in the 'exclude from partguard B' option.

Always happy to help, even when I am off line :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

The keypad will beep once when arming and once when armed.

Hi, I have the secure wave system and when doing a part arm (#8 for all sensors except a PIR upstairs) the system beeps one for arming but only sometimes beeps when armed (at the end of the 30 seconds).

The system does seem armed in either case. Any ideas why the final armed beep is intermittent?

Thanks

You have have PGB exit Buzz turned off .

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

You have have PGB exit Buzz turned off .

Is this in response to my query above?

If it is then why does the "exit buzz" sometimes beep and sometimes doesn't when I do a 0#8 arm?

Thanks

Advertisement