Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat pack bed problems

• 21-06-2012 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone in this area could give me a hand with this.

Moved into an apt recently and am trying to put together a flatpack bed (that was in the apt for the last few years).

All the right equipment seems to be there ok

I am trying to follow instruction carefully but not getting too far. Problem I am having is the first step of connecting headboard (and/or bottom of bed) to side panels. The screws that are to go through the headboards to connect the side panel don’t seem to be long enough to reach through to the holes in the side panel where they could be tightened. The part of the screw sticking through the headboards is about an inch shorter than the distance from the start of the side panel to this whole.

Sorry I can’t give any more info – is there anything obvious I am missing. Don’t know much about flat pack but the person I was assembling it with has done a few beds and is a bit baffled aswell. Will I just have to saw a bit off the side panels to make the screws reach the hole in them?

any help very much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Levitate wrote: »

Moved into an apt recently and am trying to put together a flatpack bed (that was in the apt for the last few years).

I am trying to follow instruction carefully but not getting too far. Problem I am having is the first step of connecting headboard (and/or bottom of bed) to side panels. The screws that are to go through the headboards to connect the side panel don’t seem to be long enough to reach through to the holes in the side panel where they could be tightened. The part of the screw sticking through the headboards is about an inch shorter than the distance from the start of the side panel to this whole.

Sorry I can’t give any more info – is there anything obvious I am missing. Don’t know much about flat pack but the person I was assembling it with has done a few beds and is a bit baffled aswell. Will I just have to saw a bit off the side panels to make the screws reach the hole in them?

Sounds stupid but did you lay out the screws and stuff, count them and make sure they match the contents list on the instructions?? you may just have mixed them up with different screws in the pack..

Presuming you have done the above you might be missing screws.. I wouldn't recommend cutting anything in the pack, it may cause problems further on with the assembly..

Get the screws closest to the ones required and nip into woodies with them.. Get one of the lads on the floor to help you choose screws that will do the job you want, show him what you have and explain you just need longer ones, measure it if you can, it would help allot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Levitate wrote: »

Maybe bring the screws to a hardware store and get longer ones, simples
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8eny_e0-KdiwnaMbeysK5MCos5a-cO-vBgdkG56DYZM6VVAdXnA

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Levitate

yeah obviously longer screws is an option alright, definitely better than starting to cut up the pieces! we counted up the stuff alright and it seems to be all there.

Advertisement