Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed: Looking for a decent smart phone

Options
  • 21-06-2012 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

I have just finished my 2 year contract with Three.

I originally got a HTC Wildfire with it but after I broke that I ended up buying the Samsung Europa. While it is a smartphone, it is slow and crap. Sometimes I can't even write text messages and it can take a few seconds to hang up resulting in me leaving messages with people by mistake when they don't answer.

I'm looking for a mid range smart phone which will work with Three.

I would be interested in going down the iPhone route but I don't want to commit to a 18-24 month contract as I may be leaving the country in the next year. Buying one outright seems to be a bit expensive. I'm always keeping an eye on Bargain Alerts just in case I come across a good deal.

Should I get a second hand phone? I would ideally like to pay less then €150 but would pay more if there was a very good deal. Anyone any suggestions on what to get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I'm in the same boat myself at the minute. Having lost my iPhone and not having the spare cash to replace it.

I'm thinking of picking up a HTC One V, seems like a good spec for the price. Might be worth looking into for yourself!

Edit: Just seen your budget, have a look at the Huawei Ascend G300 on Vodafone. Not a bad piece of kit and can be unlocked using eBay if you don't want to port to Vodafone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 happyhat

ohhh i like this.... i wanna get me one :) been looking for decent new phone cheap enuf incase go away travelling. wonder is it coming to any other networks soon or hard to get a vodafone phone unlocked they arent as competitive as the other networks....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stunmer

Many thanks for the responses.

I bought a Huawei G300 (€129.99) and got it unlocked on ebay (€7.19).

Have it a day so far and I find it fast and clear.

It's about a hundred times faster than my Samsung Europa!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement