Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver shaft on a fairway wood?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

sorry - this may seem a stupid question but nonetheless..........

is there anything wrong with putting the shaft of my old driver (Grafolloy prolaunch red S) onto my 15 degree (i think) fairway wood (taylormade burner)???

my existing shaft on the fairway wood is causing the shots to spin very high - hence the change is necessary - and i am trying to keep the cost down as my only other alternative is either a new (expensive) shaft or trade in for a new club (even more cost) and I cannot afford either at the moment.

appreciate any advice - are driver shafts different to fairway shafts?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

The driver shaft maybe too light and cause more spin, may have a diff tip diameter too, I would advise against it to be fair, I may have some decent 2nd hand fairway shafts that have been pulled from clubs, whats the make and model and i'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭elberry

lots of used shafts going cheap on uk ebay, your driver shaft will be too light for the 3 wood, it won't feel good when you cut it down to 3W length. will probably get a cheap 3w already shafted if you look at the previous years models.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cadobady

thanks for both replies - both are clear and consistent

the 3W i have is a Taylormade Burner 15 degree

the existing shaft is a ReAx Superfast 50 grams Flex S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

Bizarrely, this exact thing happened to me last year with the very same club. Broke my three wood off a tree in Tara and left it into my club pro. The new shaft he put in was a snake eyes one which he said was off an old driver but would work fine. Turned out to be absolutely brutal and I gave the club to me Da. He can't hit it either.

Advertisement