Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch - Out of contract. Internal alarm goes of every evening

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have PMed you the manual & some information on the code.
    Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

mhouston wrote: »
    Hello! I'm having some difficulty with our Simon Eircom phonewatch system but don't have the engineers code, we just bought the house a year ago and the system was already there but not connected. Any chance i can get some help with the code?

What is the problem you are having?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mariosuper

Thank you guys, this thread is great! I 've a Simon xt at home, no contract anymore and I'd like to disable the annoying beeping and setup my the number for communication. Can anyone please give me the instruction of how to get the engineering code and setup the gsm confing? Thank s again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

We had this same problem when we moved into our house (also out of contract). We called up Eircom and they gave us the master code.

Thanks John, I was reading that you need the engineering code, i suppose is the master code rigth? Were y able to setup your gsm sratus with the mastercode? Also a manual would be great

• Advertisement

Mariosuper wrote: »
    Thanks John, I was reading that you need the engineering code, i suppose is the master code rigth? Were y able to setup your gsm sratus with the mastercode? Also a manual would be great

Sorry engineering code / master code, I can't remember the name but whatever code we got enabled us to deactivate the gsm dialout or configure a new number. I don't have the manual to hand but you can download it, i remember being able to find it hand enough when i googled it.

So, I ve just contacted the Eircom Phonewatch customer support and asked for the master code. They say that they can't find it and my best shot is to ask the prev owner of the house, or get one of their enginners reset the alarm (200 € .. :( ). Contacted the prev owner, but he can't remeber any master code.... Any suggestion how to get it? I've read in the previous posts that some users got the method to retrieve the Engineering Code in their PM. Can you pls give it to me too? Thanks everyone!

"lost it" sure they did. The cynical side of me would say they are looking for the 200 euro. Anyway. Try this.

Take the last 4 digits of the account number and sub in the number 1. They tend to use the account number in the master code.

e.g.
    if it's 3080

then try 03181.

Also if that does not work, then try the 4 digits on their own (i.e. 3080)

Of course this assumes you know the account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aktelmiele

Hey.

Need a bit of help here.

The battery's On my phone watch is giving an alert of being low. Rang phone watch and they told me to call service tomorrow morning.

It beeps every 5 mins with loud beep.

Any idea of how to disable it

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SarahEmy

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can delete it from the panel if you have the engineer code.
    I will PM you the manual and Information re the code.

Could you PM manual please we're demented listening to beeps. Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sent you a PM with that manual.

Many thanks

Do you have the engineer code also?

I'm sorry Sarah, but we are no longer allowed offer help on Boards re Engineer or User codes.

SarahEmy wrote: »
    Could you PM manual please we're demented listening to beeps. Thank you!

If you have a fault on your alarm the beeps are there to indicate this.
    If you press the status button can you tell us the fault so we can advise on a permanent fix as opposed to a temporary one?

altor wrote: »
    If you have a fault on your alarm the beeps are there to indicate this.
    If you press the status button can you tell us the fault so we can advise on a permanent fix as opposed to a temporary one?

It's just coming up as Comm fail 1,2 ??

Have you recently cancelled monitoring or recently had you phone line disconnected?

SarahEmy wrote: »
    It's just coming up as Comm fail 1,2 ??

Is it a comms fail from sensor 1 and 2?

If so it could be a case you need to replace the battery in the sensor to get it working again.

If it was a communication issue to the monitoring station it would say communications failure and not have 1,2 in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 comccart

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can delete it from the panel if you have the engineer code.
    I will PM you the manual and Information re the code.

Hi! Can you PM me the code too? Driving me nuts!

Conor

I'm sorry , but we are no longer permitted to help you here with engineer or user codes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement