Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can find something like this?

• 21-06-2012 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Bit of an odd request here but I'm looking for a clamp type set which will sit over 2 1x1 bars in the back of a van and will come in 2 sections for each bar, 1 which I can sit ramps on (so I'd be sitting them on section 1 of each set, on each bar, each bar being about 1.5m distance apart with the ramps being about 2m) and then with the 2nd section of each set I can close it in tight to the ramps and tighten so the ramps are kept securely elevated off the ground and attached to the bars on the roof (inside). I've done this little diagram to hopefully explain a little better.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Hi, Your best bet would be to go to a small steel works or engineering works.
    They will look at what you want and knock it up for you pretty quickly.
    I doubt if you will find what you want off the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You're probably right, just wouldn't want it to end up costing loads?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

It shouldn't cost much. They will use a bit of scrap to make it and so it should only cost a 1/2 hours labour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Cool stuff :) Will have a look around but If you can recommend or have any personal experience using anyone in the South Dublin region, please let me know :)

Advertisement