Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need advice - EP3 Civic is pulling left (tyre issue)

• 21-06-2012 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a set of wheels for it 17 inch they came with 215.45.17 on the front and 225.45.17 on the rear. I put them on the car and it drove fine, I then had the NCT and realised the tyres on the front weren't E Marked so I changed them to a set of Barum's in 225.45.17 to match the rear.. As soon as I drove out of the garage it was pulling left, anyway put it through the NCT and it passed. To cut a long story short I have then gone to 3 different tyre / garages to get the wheels aligned and one was a mates garage who has been doing it for years. We brought it out on the motorway and it still pulls left although the machine was saying it’s fine. Overall we spent around 4 hours on it that day and we couldn’t get it to go straight!

So I went on another forum and I was told it’s the steering rack and that my model (2002 EP3 Type R) should have been recalled for a new steering rack a good few years back. However the car is a Japanese import and and I have no way of checking if this is true. I went to my local Honda dealer and asked the mechanic there, he took a look also and said the steering rack was fine, other mechanics have also confirmed this for me.

So now I’m just trying to decide my next steps of what to do? Should I changed the tyres all round to 225.45.17 and risk it or go back to the set up that was working 215.45.17 on the front and 225.45.17 on the rear. Does anyone know if this is even normal for EP3’s? Strangely the guy I bought the wheels off had them on his EP3 and he ran those sizes (215 front 225 rear). I know it seems obvious to go to the old set up but I am going to replace all the tyres in case the rear are the ones acting up.. I just don’t want to spend more money (I don’t have) on tyres and still be stuck with a car that won’t drive in a straight line!

Also it would hardly be because the tyres on the front are reverse rotational and the rear aren't?

Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Advertisement