Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SpyBot..

• 21-06-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys..
    Over the last few weeks,I have been running SpyBot S&D on and off.

After if finishes,,it shows the results on the attachment...But It won't remove them. It constantly says that to remove them,,I have to be the Administrator...But I Am the Admin of the pc.

I only have basic knowledge of pc's and the working systems,,so any help would need to be explained in fairly basic terms.

Would I need to bring it to a computer shop to have it done properly?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Try run it in Safe Mode, you can get to that by holding f8 during boot up and select the basic "safe mode" option. right click the spybot icon and select "run as admin"

See if that gets it going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hijpo wrote: »
    Try run it in Safe Mode, you can get to that by holding f8 during boot up and select the basic "safe mode" option. right click the spybot icon and select "run as admin"

Thanks Hijpo.....I'll try that and post back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Right click Spybot and select "Run as Administrator", should sort your problem

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Right click Spybot and select "Run as Administrator", should sort your problem

Tried that a few times before....Never works for some reason.

Nice one..

That seems to have worked for now.....Which is strange,,as it wouldn't work before.

A new scan now shows up No threats.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

more than likely the files it couldnt delete were actually running at that point so spybot couldnt delete them. Booting into safemode only loads windows components so those process's wouldnt have started letting spybot do its thang ;)

more than likely the files it couldnt delete were actually running at that point so spybot couldnt delete them. Booting into safemode only loads windows components so those process's wouldnt have started letting spybot do its thang ;)

Clever Man....

Cheers.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Another potential reason could be that Spybot's TeaTimer was stopping you from removing them too. Any real-time protection programs generally stop modification of the registry.

Could be that to, but that should give you a pop up giving you a choice to allow the change or not.

Advertisement