Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charity Match for St Michael's House

• 21-06-2012 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Going to be playing a game of 11 on 11 here tonight.
    Just thought that I would share:P

AvivaStadium.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Care to expand on your post before I lock it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

gavredking wrote: »
    Care to expand on your post before I lock it?

I am just trying to make people jealous.

We are playing a 90 minute game here tonight. We are using the event to raise money for St. Michaels’ House http://www.smh.ie/.

If anyone would like to donate to this charity please let me know, as the company that I work for will double everything that we raise tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There's a team called SMH in Boardeaux's league, any connection?

They told me it stands for St Michael's House.

Des wrote: »
    There's a team called SMH in Boardeaux's league, any connection?

They told me it stands for St Michael's House.

Not with us.

This is just a regular work in-house game, between departments. We usually play in normal facilities but have gotten special use of the Lansdowne main pitch. It was thought that we could raise some funds, on the back of that, to go to the charity.

Just out of curiosity how do you manage to get special use of the Lansdowne pitch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Just out of curiosity how do you manage to get special use of the Lansdowne pitch?

Poland>> Daytripping>>>Beer>>>John Delaney!

*Joking*

My buddy was up at the RTE sports awards and got chatting to John Delaney and he asked him was he heading to the Euro's, as my buddy had been up and down to plenty of games over the years and they had been discussing games, results and how the tram would do in the Euro's, he couldnt afford to go and Delaney gave him his e-mail address if he wanted to try and get tickets.

Generous offer or drunken promises? I'll let you decide.

Sponsorship advantages. The pitch is being resodded, from next week, so allowing us in for a game

Sponsorship advantages. The pitch is being resodded, from next week, so allowing us in for a game

Jammy git :pac:

Good luck with it.

Having played a cup final at Turners Cross that was practically empty, , I can imagine playing at the Aviva will be weird to say the least.

:p

Jammy git :pac:

Good luck with it.

Having played a cup final at Turners Cross that was practically empty, , I can imagine playing at the Aviva will be weird to say the least.

:p

Tell me about it. Musgrave Park was bad enough, playing rugby there.
    I think that there may be 100 people there. They had better be loud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Enjoy it!
    We played on it last week. They must be letting a lot of their sponsors do likewise before the pitch gets changed.
    It was brilliant going in the players entrance... changing in the dressing rooms and running out the tunnel! The surface is still amazing! Lovely getting your foot properly under the ball.
    Be sure to take cameras. Got photos we'll all cherish!
    Must be awesome with 42k fans screaming and roaring!

If everyone brings one a vuvuzela ye'll be sorted.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Enjoy it!
    We played on it last week. They must be letting a lot of their sponsors do likewise before the pitch gets changed.
    It was brilliant going in the players entrance... changing in the dressing rooms and running out the tunnel! The surface is still amazing! Lovely getting your foot properly under the ball.
    Be sure to take cameras. Got photos we'll all cherish!
    Must be awesome with 42k fans screaming and roaring!

Jealous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Think you've used a good opportunity to raise money for SMH really poorly the way you went about this thread.

If everyone brings one a vuvuzela ye'll be sorted.

:pac:

Shudder:eek:

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Think you've used a good opportunity to raise money for SMH really poorly the way you went about this thread.

It is the day of and I am not the fundraiser. We are all contributing ourselves and most people will not have even heard of the SMH (that alone is a win)

Our fundraising is being done in a much more concentrated measure, in the real world, I do not really expect anyone to donate from here but you never know

Shudder:eek:

Here ya go.

Enjoy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtYu0Cy18j3zFqruZN8JXQOGOxqpwKgaJ0UilY1NskWbq8dtQH

Advertisement