Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park As A Venue For A Gig

• 21-06-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Going to a few gigs there this summer and I was wondering what it is like for a gig, in terms of ease getting in and out, sound, getting a drink etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

According to what I've read it's difficult to see the stage near the back because there's no natural amphitheater at the Phoenix Park unlike at Slane and Punchestown.

I assume everyone who was involved in running Oxegen will be involved in the Phoenix gigs, so probably same stage, same catering companies, same companies running the bar etc. So it's basically Oxegen without the camping and the other stages.

I dunno about getting in and out, I'm sure it will be well organised as MCD usually are in terms of site organisation, crowd control, marshalls etc. It's usually the transport companies who let massive events like this down by not laying on enough buses or trains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Last few gigs I've seen there have been terrible sound wise, never an easy task with big open spaces but its been pretty poor in this regard.

Getting in and out is easy as its so central, 20/30 mins walk from O'Connell street is handy compared to Marley Park or somewhere where you can't find a bus or taxi to save your life.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Getting their i would recommend getting the luas to Heuston Station and walk from there , no point in getting a bus/car since you will get stuck in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

I found it a handy walk from the city centre in...

Sound really depends on weather (wind, humidity, temperature), sub setup, delay tower setup and the engineers so it can differ unlike some small indoor venue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭Polygon_window

its crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Where is the entrance for gigs?

finbarrk wrote: »
    Where is the entrance for gigs?
    Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

Any idea what time Snow Patrol will be finished - what time does the license run until? Tks :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The usual problem at big outdoor gigs is the queue for booze although my last time in the parkwasnt too bad (coldplay-crowd werent exactly on the rip). im expecting longer queues at stone roses and SHM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

sausages79 wrote: »
    Any idea what time Snow Patrol will be finished - what time does the license run until? Tks :-)

Curfew is usually 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Charles1412

I've been at a few gigs in Pheonix park over the last couple of years and found it to be a great venue. Easy access and no major waiting at the bars. Slane could learn a lot from the way gigs are run in Pheonix park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

That is more to do with the infrastructure around it rather than the venue itself, but Slane is a million miles better than Phoenix Park, blows it away

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Laura Steph

Sorry to jump in guys but anyone interested or know anyone interested in 2 Florence and the Machine/Snow Patrol tickets for sale for July 8th (Sunday week) in the Phoenix Park. Face value/willing to deal!

Will the ground be mucky there on Thursday or is it covered anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Anyone know which the best entrance will be for getting close to the stage?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gonna be mucky as hell, bring your wellies!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Charles1412

From memory I dont think its covered in so looking at the forecast and the fact that there are a number of concerts this week I reckon its going to be very mucky. I think I'll be investing in a pair of wellies

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=fwguj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

lockie1983 wrote: »

Gonna be mucky as hell, bring your wellies!! :)
    Shag that. See enough of wellies all the year down here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Shag that. See enough of wellies all the year down here.

Fair enough but given the weather its going to be bad out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ronantd04

Is there searches involved on the way in, could probably do with sneaking a can or two in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

O'Doodle wrote: »
    I'm sure it will be well organised as MCD usually are in terms of site organisation, crowd control, marshalls etc.

You're having a laugh right?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

You're having a laugh right?

No, they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

O'Doodle wrote: »
    No, they are.

Did MCD pay you to say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

From memory I dont think its covered in so looking at the forecast and the fact that there are a number of concerts this week I reckon its going to be very mucky. I think I'll be investing in a pair of wellies

Stone Roses are the first concert this year (which I'm going to) so hopefully the ground will be stable enough. I was gonna wear wellies, but now I think I'll wear old addidas or something, I can throw them out if they get destroyed, don't really care! Might just have to wear my old massive flares as well to get into the spirit of the day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

I've a question for ye lads :) Heading up with my brother but he won't be there 'til about 17:30/18:00. I'll be gone in to see Calvin by then. I wonder whether or not they'll let me back out to meet him from Hueston station or is the policy that once I'm in, I'm in?! Wouldn't mind slying a few cans either as I've no interest in seeing ORB. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

audman wrote: »
    I've a question for ye lads :) Heading up with my brother but he won't be there 'til about 17:30/18:00. I'll be gone in to see Calvin by then. I wonder whether or not they'll let me back out to meet him from Hueston station or is the policy that once I'm in, I'm in?! Wouldn't mind slying a few cans either as I've no interest in seeing ORB. Thanks!

They were saying on the radio last night that the policy is once you're in, you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

JJ wrote: »
    They were saying on the radio last night that the policy is once you're in, you're in.

Yep once in ur in they scan ur ticket on entrance and it won't scan a secon time

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

audman wrote: »

It's a fair distance from the concert site to Hueston if you're planning on walking up and down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 AnomAli

Just wondering does anyone know if there will be pit passes given out or if it will be a matter of just queuing up at the pit like at a festival?

Advertisement