Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May I assume that the battery is knackered?

Options
  • 21-06-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I tried to use my laptop on battery this morning but it wouldn't work. I am using Windows 7 and the icon box says 

(10% available, plugged in but not charging)

Laptop works fine when plugged in to mauns.

I have had a look in the Control Panel but can't find any means of checking the battery.

Although I very seldom work the laptop on battery, when I go to bed I usually put the laptop in Sleep mode, instead of cloosing down so presumably the laptop is using battery overnight to have the necessary power required in the Sleep mode. I switch off at the mains power plug.

I have been following this practice fairly consistantly for about 6 months or so, but occasionaly closing down completely.

May I assume that the battery is knackered? It was new when I purchased the new laptop last year.

Is there a way to check the condition of the battery, or whether there is a charging problem with the laptop?

Comments

Advertisement