Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sachets of alcohol

• 21-06-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I'm looking to get some of the little sachets of alcohol like you get on an airplane, anyone seen them anywhere around town or have any ideas as to where might have them! I'm gona try the fine wines party store later on, but other than that I can't think of anywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Why do you want alcohol in sachets?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

I could swear they were banned a few years ago due to making alcohol to much like sweets and attractive to underage drinkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Try finewines, think I saw something to that effect on the counter, they were alcopop type things, flavoured vodka I think.

I haven't seen the straight sachets in a long while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Try finewines, think I saw something to that effect on the counter, they were alcopop type things, flavoured vodka I think.

I haven't seen the straight sachets in a long while though.

Cool thanks, even a few of those alcopop things would be grand if I could find them, went to the fine wines party store and the guy hadn't a clue what I was on about! I'll give a look into fine wines in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Bullseye Baggies is the name for what you are looking for, don't have a clue where you can get them. There was uproar about them when they first came out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I think they were banned weren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I think they were banned weren't they?

After a bit of googling, it turns out they are banned!!
    Ryanair has provoked the ire of alcohol awareness groups for selling a controversial vodka shot in a "happy hour" promotion to passengers on board.
    The airline is selling Bullseye Baggies, banned in Irish pubs and off-licences last year, at the special rate of two for ?5.

Taken from.... http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ryanairs-happy-hour-causes-ire-125615.html

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Yeah they were only out and were quickly taken off the market again. I think its only an agreement with NOFFLA and VFI not to sell them rather than a legal ban. Do Ryanair still do them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

kojack wrote: »
    Yeah they were only out and were quickly taken off the market again. I think its only an agreement with NOFFLA and VFI not to sell them rather than a legal ban. Do Ryanair still do them?

Nope gone from Ryanair too

Advertisement