Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLASH question

Options
  • 21-06-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

Is it possible to have a movie clip motion/shape tween to another movie clip?

On frame one I have a basic movieclip symbol with a simple animation. When the person clicks on it I want to it move to the centre of the screen and change to a different movieclip.

At the moment I have it moving from the top left to the centre from frames 1 to 20 which is no problem but it just jumps to the new movie clip as opposed to naturally morphing into it.

(if any of that makes sense) :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Keep in mind flash can't be viewed an mobile devices, and many people now use mobiles for surfing.
    Maybe you would consider using a .mp4 video or something?

HTML5 has a way of displaying videos
    <video width="320" height="240" controls="controls">
      <source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
      <source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg" />
      <source src="movie.webm" type="video/webm" />
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>

I got that from W3Schools, I'm not familiar with it myself, but it seems pretty straight forward to me, just add your own source.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I considered HTML 5 etc but it is just to limited, it simply can't do what Flash can do as yet. Also, isn't it only Apple devices that wont display Flash?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

py2006 wrote: »
    I considered HTML 5 etc but it is just to limited, it simply can't do what Flash can do as yet. Also, isn't it only Apple devices that wont display Flash?

Only apple devices? You're killing a lot of your demographic before you've even started!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Yes, I believe it's Apple devices, but how many people do you know that own an iPhone, iPod, or an iPad? (Actually, does that iPad have flash) - It's a huge market. You should re-consider your thinking on the Apple user market. I don't know what you're using this flash video for though.

What features does Flash have, that you want for your video? If you just want playback, and volume control, surely HTML5 has that covered enough that you wouldn't need to use Flash?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Oh its not a video. The confusion there is my fault. I was referring to a 'movie clip symbol' in the Flash sense.

Its an interactivity user interface that will play mp3's.

So when this object is clicked, display this with this and this etc etc

I want it to be animated rather than simple html links.

• Advertisement
Advertisement