Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 21-06-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello Everyone,

I was just looking at my broadband router page and the crc errors where way above normal (posted stats below). It was normal last week being maybe only around 15 errors.

Here are my stats:
    Downstream Upstream
    SNR Margin
    10.5 22.0 db
    Line Attenuation
    49.5 25.5 db
    Data Rate
    7168 512 kbps
    Max Rate
    8864 1244 kbps
    POWER
    20.0 12.0 dbm
    CRC
    37733 84

Thanks Everyone!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

stuck2007 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

I was just looking at my broadband router page and the crc errors where way above normal (posted stats below). It was normal last week being maybe only around 15 errors.

Here are my stats:
    Downstream Upstream
    SNR Margin
    10.5 22.0 db
    Line Attenuation
    49.5 25.5 db
    Data Rate
    7168 512 kbps
    Max Rate
    8864 1244 kbps
    POWER
    20.0 12.0 dbm
    CRC
    37733 84

Thanks Everyone!

Hi stuck2007,

Thanks for your post. You may need to be worried if you're getting this amount of CRC errors over a short period.

For all : A CRC error means that a tiny chunk of transmitted data was received corrupt and so needed to be retransmitted. They don't "stay on the line" - no errors do. It's just a count of issues that have happened in the past. CRC errors can build up over time and can slow down your connection.

How long has your router been connected? If you're getting this amount of CRC errors over a few hours then should check this with Broadband Support. Try turning off /on the modem and check this again. If it's a couple of hundred CRC errors don't worry about it. If you're reporting thousands over a short period then you should contact Broadband support as advised.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Test your connection with just one computer connected to the modem. Once you've turned back on the modem run some anti-spyware and virus check. You may also want to run a netstat -a from your command prompt window. Check how many Tcp/IP and Udp sessions you have open or listening at the same time. If over 15, then try closing off current running applications and reduce your combined Internet established sessions.

The following link from our community forum may also help :

community.eircom.net

In order to check for CRC errors :

If using the eircom Netopia modem :

Log on to the router web interface on your Internet browser : 192.168.1.254

Select 'Troubleshooting' from the side menu.
    Go to 'Statistics' and then view /or reset logs

If using the eircom ZyXEL modem

Once again log on to the web interface : 192.168.1.254

Go to 'Maintenance' then 'Statistics'

Restarting the modem will also clear the errors.

Let me know how you get on.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stuck2007

Hi Ant,

I found out the problem was inside one of the telephone extensions so i rewired it and all of a sudden no crc errors.

Thanks Ant.

Advertisement