Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound & Wifi not behaving as it was on the ipad 2

• 21-06-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    have an iPad 2 which we use in the house to play music onto a Bose Wireless dock.
    the last few days its been giving issues.
    1. We have a smart cover on it; previously when you closed /opened the cover a little "bing" noise played. This isn't happening anymore.
    2. RTE Player Ipad app won't play any sound but....
    3. I can play music through the integrated music app fine on the ipad and through the bluetooth speaker.
    4. i uninstalled the RTE player app and re-installed but nothing.
    5. i rebooted the ipad but nothing improves it either.

I'm also having issues with wifi on it... its started dropping the connection. I did a network reset but this doesn't improve it. Other devices in the house are on the wifi and have no issues.

any help or ideas would be great on this. its got iOS 5 so it might be time to upgrade to 5.1 or whatever the latest is.
    the 2 issues have kind of occurred at the same time.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

thekooman wrote: »
    Hi all,
    have an iPad 2 which we use in the house to play music onto a Bose Wireless dock.
    the last few days its been giving issues.
    1. We have a smart cover on it; previously when you closed /opened the cover a little "bing" noise played. This isn't happening anymore.
    2. RTE Player Ipad app won't play any sound but....
    3. I can play music through the integrated music app fine on the ipad and through the bluetooth speaker.
    4. i uninstalled the RTE player app and re-installed but nothing.
    5. i rebooted the ipad but nothing improves it either.
    Try unmuting it. By default it's the switch at the side. Having it on would cause exactly the symptoms you describe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Try unmuting it. By default it's the switch at the side. Having it on would cause exactly the symptoms you describe.

just got it fixed ten minutes ago using this link
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/09/15/how-to-fix-no-sound-in-ipad-apps/

I restarted our wifi router as well and the wifi seems a little more stable. the router wireless channel might have changed with the restart which the ipad likes more.

Advertisement