Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exterior Plastic Trim

• 21-06-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭

I use 'Chemical Guys - G6 Hyper Coat Protectant' to clean my exterior plastic trims. While it is very good it wears off after a couple of days so was wondering if it's possible to 'paint' plastic trims.

I know there are places that would do it for you however was wondering if it's possible to do it yourself? If so what products do people recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I recently bought a bottle of Gtechniq permanent trim restorer from cleancar.ie,it's not cheap at 28e for 15ml but then again i did every piece of external plastic and trim on the car and it hardly made a dent on it

It's the best i've used yet been on the car since the end of may and still not worn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

tossy wrote: »
    I recently bought a bottle of Gtechniq permanent trim restorer from cleancar.ie,it's not cheap at 28e for 15ml but then again i did every piece of external plastic and trim on the car and it hardly made a dent on it

It's the best i've used yet been on the car since the end of may and still not worn off.

I've had it on mine since....jan or feb, and it's still perfect. It is the best thing for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I've had it on mine since....jan or feb, and it's still perfect. It is the best thing for it

It's unreal stuff altogether was a bit sceptical but i have to say i'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

tossy wrote: »

Thanks guys. Have the order in so hopefully will be delivered quickly.....

Advertisement