Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband at 2nd tv point

• 21-06-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

This might be a daft question but....

I'm thinking of switching to UPC and I have a PC near where the new UPC modem will be situated - this will be fine.

I have a 2nd PC elsewhere in the house & the existing wireless connection to that PC isn't great so I am currently using a Belikin HomePlug to get that on the network - this mainly works ok but does drop off occasionally.

Beside this 2nd PC is a tv port (currently dead) but does run back to near where the 1st PC will be.

Is there any device I can use to run the network over this coaxial cable (in the same way as a HomePlug runs over the electrical cable)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Something like a netgear moca perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭frash

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Something like a netgear moca perhaps?

I think they would do the job.
    Can't find anywhere outside the US selling them but if I do need to get a set I'm sure I'll get them somewhere.

Thanks.

Advertisement