Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is your seamus?

• 21-06-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Everybody has a seamus. That person whose opinion you trust 100%. The person who you'd nominate as your phone a friend if you ever went on 'Who wants to be a milionaire'. Your own personal Yoda.

When Pighead first started posting here his first opinion of the place was that it was populated by nerdlingers with awful opinions and awful clothes. But after a while he began to notice a diamond in the rough. A diamond that went by the name of seamus. seamus with a small s.

His posts were frequent but unusually the quantity was matched by the quality. He was right about everything. His opinions were forthright but generally bang on the money. He was like the boards version of James Bond. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to be with him.

Whenever there's a thorny subject brought up in After Hours that splits opinion, Pighead waits until seamus posts and then follows his opinion safe in the knowledge it is the right one.

Pighead has had thee dogs since he started posting on boards and he's called them all seamus. His first born will also be called seamus(boy or girl) and probably his second one too.

If seamus is reading this, Pighead prays that he takes the following in the right spirit. (ie it's a sign of admiration rather than obsession)

Sometimes Pighead parts his hair to the side (always imagined seamus had a cool side parting, left to right) wears cool chino's and smart trainers and pretends that he's the great man himself all whilst sing singing the Billy Joel classic 'Well I'm seamus, seamus as a man can be, you can make a total fool of me, I just wanted you to know'.

So who is your seamus?

PS
    seamus is dead cool so he is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Pighead wrote: »
    So who is your seamus?

Why, I think you are now, Pighead.

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'd trust a 'James' over a 'Seamus'. Sounds less ginger and annoying.

Also....welcome back! Haven't seen a Pigheads Thread in AGES!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

I have no seamus, none at all...

Have you no shame? us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Everybody has a seamus. That person whose opinion you trust 100%.
    Nope. Not 100%. Ask yourself, do you trust yourself 100% to know something on a given topic? I wouldn't. I'd need to look stuff up. So, why would I trust anyone else 100%?

Anyone who thinks "I trust _________ 100%" ought to do some re-examining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I don't know any seamus'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Pighead, I found out where seamus lives !!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61663032

In Boards or in Real Life?

Boards I usually (but not always as that would be boring), agree with Bluewolf, Wibbs, Khannie, and the former Dudess (:().

I've a couple of people in real life, probably my Dad mostly.

Nobody gets my 100% though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Breaking News: Boardsie inadvertently reveals second account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    I have no seamus, none at all...
    Everybody has a seamus. Saying you have no seamus is liek saying you're infallible. Everybody needs a rock. Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow. Everybody needs a seamus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/56548491

Is this one of your dogs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

On Boards - no one really but in reality my brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Dilbert - it's like I'm him or he's me or something

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

My Granda, most people agree the same about theirs but he genuinely knows everything!

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Nope. Not 100%. Ask yourself, do you trust yourself 100% to know something on a given topic? I wouldn't. I'd need to look stuff up. So, why would I trust anyone else 100%?

Anyone who thinks "I trust _________ 100%" ought to do some re-examining.
    The only way Pighead would re-examine is if seamus told him it was the right thing to do. Until then there will be no re-examining of anything. 100% faith in that man. If he said pink was blue then Pighead would be wearing pink underpants in the morning. 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

In Boards or in Real Life?

Boards I usually (but not always as that would be boring), agree with Bluewolf, Wibbs, Khannie, and the former Dudess (:().

I've a couple of people in real life, probably my Dad mostly.

Nobody gets my 100% though :p

What do you mean by "the former Dudess"?

Also: thanks Pighead I now have that awful Garth Brooks song in my head: shameless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i think its you, Pighead.

its always been you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When I was in school a 'seamus' was either a dig or a knee in the side of the leg resulting in said leg being 'dead' :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Has seamus gotten into pigheads account??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The only way Pighead would re-examine is if seamus told him it was the right thing to do. Until then there will be no re-examining of anything. 100% faith in that man. If he said pink was blue then Pighead would be wearing pink underpants in the morning. 100%.

With a "I heart Seamus" logo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

You should find out his address and post him a pighead as a sign of your admiration. I'm sure seamus would appreciate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Glacier.

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    What do you mean by "the former Dudess"?

She closed her account :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

My friend had a small McDonald's bear called Seamus.
    She brought Seamus everywhere.
    One day I thought it was funny to hide Seamus in one of her shoes.
    She didn't find it for about 3 weeks.
    She was furious with me.
    Genuinely furious like.
    We were 16/17 at the time.
    Bit strange to be so attached to a McDonald's toy, but whatever.

Anyway, nah, I trust no one.
    The most I trust anyone if I had to put a percentage on it would be maybe about 75%.
    But I only trust most people maybe 40%.

My friend had a small McDonald's bear called Seamus.
    She brought Seamus everywhere.
    One day I thought it was funny to hide Seamus in one of her shoes.
    She didn't find it for about 3 weeks.
    She was furious with me.
    Genuinely furious like.
    We were 16/17 at the time.
    Bit strange to be so attached to a McDonald's toy, but whatever

That's a lovely poem :D
    Anyway, nah, I trust no one.
    The most I trust anyone if I had to put a percentage on it would be maybe about 75%.
    But I only trust most people maybe 40%.

I trust most people. I'm a bit of a gobshyte like that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Pighead me aul flower. Welcome back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Jeremy Kyle

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sometimes Pighead parts his hair to the side (always imagined seamus had a cool side parting, left to right)

Seamus doesn't have a hair parting.
    Apart from that, you're bang on the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

If he or she refers to themselves in the third person, they'll more than likely end up as a malinski rather than a seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

In response to me (don't know how to get a quote within a quote)
    Everybody has a seamus. Saying you have no seamus is liek saying you're infallible. Everybody needs a rock. Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow. Everybody needs a seamus.

How is saying there's nobody I trust 100% on all matters and all subjects like saying I'm infallible?

There are a few posters whose posts I find myself often in agreement with, but it's still early days too early to be giving out 'seamus' badges....

I have no rock, that's the truth. Nobody to lean on, nobody to dry my tears.....:(

Like Toblerone, I'm out on my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Such a shame, usually the voice of reason in any debate. Will be missed

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Seamus doesn't have a hair parting.
    Apart from that, you're bang on the money.
    As one of the original boards groupies Pighead's guessing that you have thrown yourself at the altar of seamus at some point over the years.

Could Pighead be so rude as to ask you if he is as kind and considerate a lover as one would imagine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Wibbs

The posts are so long I don't read all of them
    But there is bound to be sense and intelligent points in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Of course pink isn't blue, don't be silly.

Although a little-known fact you may not be aware of is that washing powder is simply made from dried egg and flavouring and so just a scoop of Persil in a pint of water makes a rather ripping health shake. This is why it's called "biological" powder.

Welcome back Pighead

Freaked out level = 3

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »

Although a little-known fact you may not be aware of is that washing powder is simply made from dried egg and flavouring and so just a scoop of Persil in a pint of water makes a rather ripping health shake. This is why it's called "biological" powder.
    And that's why they call him 'The postman'. seamus always delivers. Pighead has been told seven interesting factoids today but the above is far and away the most interesting.

And that's why he's Pighead's seamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

seamus wrote: »

Welcome back Pighead

Freaked out level = 3

Can I ask you something, is there any forum on Boards you haven't posted in? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Could Pighead be so rude as to ask you if he is as kind and considerate a lover as one would imagine?
    Welcome back. Boards wasn't the same was getting shit without you. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

As one of the original boards groupies Pighead's guessing that you have thrown yourself at the altar of seamus at some point over the years.

And chance the wrath of Mrs. seamus?
    Not even I, am that brave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

In fairness she found it hard dealing with people who had different opinions to her, so it was probably for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

MAJD, before she went into semi-retirement and changed her name, was everyone's seamus. She was probably even seamus' seamus, truth be told. And the truth was always told. And you'd laugh, and you'd shake your head and you'd say "actually, I have nothing to add to that". She indirectly invented +1 and, by extension, the thanks system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I don't think there's a poster I agree with on everything. Nodin is a shinner; bluewolf doesn't like sport; Dudess has left the building.

But seamus is nearly always right on nearly everything. Seamus is a pro: he (nearly) never misses. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,309 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My seamus is seamus.

Different seamus though. Purely coincidental the name is the exact same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

My seamuses would probably be starbelgrade, ibarelycare, krudler, Beruthiel and Novella.

They're the ones who probably get freaked out by me thanking zillions of their posts. :o It's not that I stalk them, it's just that we seem to frequent the same threads/forums and I tend to agree with them lots! :o

Beruthiel wrote: »
    And chance the wrath of Mrs. seamus?
    Not even I, am that brave.
    On that note you have Pighead's full permission to disclose all the details of our brief and torrid love affair in your forthcoming autobiography. Miss Piggy understands that there were women before her. How could there not have been?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seamus(with a small s) and Scofflaw.

Cordially,

your admirerer.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Weird I've a real life Seamus who is called Seamus!

On Boards there is a guy on the Rugby forum called Germ, I have never seen a single poster ever try and disagree with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

I reckon like many others, Dudess was my seamus. I'll never be able to get a replacement seamus, but bannasidhe, Ellis Dee and Bluewolf come in very closely. I've just noticed that on a forum with about 75% male users (me included), all my seamuses are wimmen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Probably Run_to_Da_Hills

Amongst all the other crap on here, you can pretty much guarantee that all of his/her posts are logical, rational, well thought out factual arguments.

A beacon of truth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement