Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is your seamus?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pighead wrote: »
    Sometimes Pighead parts his hair to the side

Sometime, he should try to not refer to himself in the 3rd person :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hmm I thought we weren't allowed circle jerk threads in AH anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

They do get a bit nauseating.

we're still allowed the report button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I just googled 'circle jerk' coz I didn't know what it meant.
    I'm sorry I did now :(

Zulu wrote: »
    They do get a bit nauseating.

I agree normally and this is the first one I've posted in but pighead gave me warm fuzzies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

bluewolf wrote: »

we're still allowed the report button

That's nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is actually a subtle social experiment on the part of Pighead to see if he can introduce a new noun into the modern lexicon of a "seamus", in much the same way that we use "google" as a verb meaning "to do a web search".

60 posts in and people are already freely using the word as if it were always there.

I don't know if I'm flattered, or horrifically embarrssed because I fall so painfully short of the intended meaning of this new noun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

seamus wrote: »
    This is actually a subtle social experiment on the part of Pighead to see if he can introduce a new noun into the modern lexicon of a "seamus", in much the same way that we use "google" as a verb meaning "to do a web search".

60 posts in and people are already freely using the word as if it were always there.

I don't know if I'm flattered, or horrifically embarrssed because I fall so painfully short of the intended meaning of this new noun.
    Can be used as a verb as well eg I thought today's exam was going to be tough but I absolutely seamused it.

Gummy me old buddy. No need to be an old bitter balls. Pighead is just expressing his admiration for probably the greatest living man in the world. Fawning, creepy, stalkerish and uncomfortable it may be but it's all strictly above the belt and absolutely non-jerkish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Everybody has a seamus.
    DeVore wrote: »
    +2

Everyone should have a Seamus, they really are so handy. smile.gifsmile.gif

DeV.
    His posts were frequent but unusually the quantity was matched by the quality. He was right about everything. His opinions were forthright but generally bang on the money.

DeVore wrote: »
    1. Not a favourite poster but I do like some posters more than others of course. Seamus has a scaaary ability to write exactly whats in my head for example. Its freaky.

Definitely more than a passing resemblence there. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't be silly, you deserve it. You're terrible at hiding your power level

Mind. Blown. DeVore is Pighead. It all makes sense now.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Definitely more than a passing resemblence there. ;)
    Not surprised in the slightest. Pighead would wager that seamus is the most respected, revered and well hung member on boards. There's bound to be tonnes of posts singing the mans praises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

my dad is called Séamus :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'm just waiting for a certain someone to get a mention. Then I'll lock it.

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »

I'd like to thank god, my family, my friends, everyone who helped me make this film...

Not surprised in the slightest. Pighead would wager that seamus is the most respected, revered and well hung member on boards. There's bound to be tonnes of posts singing the mans praises.

Freaked-out level++

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Pighead has had thee dogs since he started posting on boards and he's called them all seamus.
    Pink Floyd had a song about a dog called seamus. Could it be? Was your dog the inspiration?
    Naaa, chronology is all wrong. Forget I said anything.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Freaked-out level++

Is that before you considered Pighead prolly has a shrine to you, near the pc?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

My dog is called Seamus too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Perhaps PigHead, DeVore AND seamus are all the same person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

El Weirdo wrote: »

ibtl

facekicker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

In fairness she found it hard dealing with people who had different opinions to her, so it was probably for the best.

No, she found it difficult dealing with stupidity and bigotry. Its different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

If Seamus was so trustworthy he'd tell you to stop referring to yourself in the third person

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Im my own seamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

super-rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

woah woah woooah! I thought pighead was some deceased legend only around before my time?

al28283 wrote: »
    If Seamus was so trustworthy he'd tell you to stop referring to yourself in the third person
    Before you judge Pighead you should walk a mile in his shoes. By the time you've walked that mile, Pighead will have entered your house and stolen all of your worldly possessions and you'll be too far away to do anything about it.

Moral of the story: Never leave your home unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

al28283 wrote: »
    Before you judge Pighead you should walk a mile in his shoes. By the time you've walked that mile, Pighead will have entered your house and stolen all of your worldly possessions and you'll be too far away to do anything about it.

You'll have no shoes, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

damn this is annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Vodka for breakfast it is! Thank you kind sage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

leggo wrote: »
    You'll have no shoes, though.
    Stole his pair whilst ransacking his house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I almost always agree with the posts of Dudess, MynameisURL, thekingofmoo and Scofflaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Everybody has a seamus. That person whose opinion you trust 100%. The person who you'd nominate as your phone a friend if you ever went on 'Who wants to be a milionaire'. Your own personal Yoda.

When Pighead first started posting here his first opinion of the place was that it was populated by nerdlingers with awful opinions and awful clothes. But after a while he began to notice a diamond in the rough. A diamond that went by the name of seamus. seamus with a small s.

His posts were frequent but unusually the quantity was matched by the quality. He was right about everything. His opinions were forthright but generally bang on the money. He was like the boards version of James Bond. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to be with him.

Whenever there's a thorny subject brought up in After Hours that splits opinion, Pighead waits until seamus posts and then follows his opinion safe in the knowledge it is the right one.

Pighead has had thee dogs since he started posting on boards and he's called them all seamus. His first born will also be called seamus(boy or girl) and probably his second one too.

If seamus is reading this, Pighead prays that he takes the following in the right spirit. (ie it's a sign of admiration rather than obsession)

Sometimes Pighead parts his hair to the side (always imagined seamus had a cool side parting, left to right) wears cool chino's and smart trainers and pretends that he's the great man himself all whilst sing singing the Billy Joel classic 'Well I'm seamus, seamus as a man can be, you can make a total fool of me, I just wanted you to know'.

So who is your seamus?

Ah now hold on ye werent always that close found this old video you posted a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

KeithAFC was my seamus but only when I called him james.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

I have a seamus in real life, his name is actually seamus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I hate you all equally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Epic thread.

As Tubs himself would say, "I think the country needs to hear read threads like this at the moment.

I'd prefer if Seamus would spell his name with a capital 'S' though.
    And Seamus when you one day close you're account, you will be remembered for weeks in the Legends of the Boards forum.....as a Legend:)

The Pighead too:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭granturismo

I am seamus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Definitely Facekicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Everybody has a seamus. Saying you have no seamus is liek saying you're infallible. Everybody needs a rock. Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow. Everybody needs a seamus.

Does this seamus guy actually exist on boards? am i the only one whos never heard of him??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Does this seamus(who posted in this thread several times) guy actually exist on boards? am i the only one whos never heard of him??
    Mike65 too:D

Lol, none of us are AI generated code.

We are all real people!!

I know I certainly am anyway!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

keithb93 wrote: »
    I have a seamus in real life, his name is actually seamus!

small guy that drinks a lot of coffee and smokes a lot? says 'cool cool' and knows everything about linux?

I LOVE that seamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I have met seamus on a number of occasions and I am a better man for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

She closed her account :(

Aww, everyone's leaving. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Mike65 too:D

Lol, none of us are AI generated code.

We are all real people!!

I know I certainly am anyway!!!

That's just what I'd expect a machine to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

You can only be your own seamus.

Sorry seamus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Guy - Wibbs. No matter what the subject he always makes perfect sense, and cool as a fishes fart IRL.

Woman - Beruthiel is a takes no prisioners, straight up answers kind of woman. You mightn't like your answer but you'll see the sense of it in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Morgan Freeman.

• Advertisement
Advertisement