Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is your seamus?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Delighted to hear that MAJD is still around somewhere, lurking in the shadows of boards...

Who's my seamus?

Well, obviously, it's often seamus, though Sharrow, Zulu and Beruthiel would often play that role too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

PBroderick wrote: »
    I put my head in the toilet and flushed, hoping to drown myself after reading this drivel.

I think it's great.

seamus you didn't like it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

prinz wrote: »
    I'm chuffed not to appear anywhere on this love-in of a thread, I must be doing something right.
    Prinz is my seamus.

Foiled again.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I honestly don't get this Pighead stuff, it just goes straight past me. Is it some boards clicquey thing? When things start getting this nerdy it makes me really consider closing down my account :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

As a proficient lurker (with a rather pronounced fear of debate threads) there have been many users over the years who I considered my seamus but alas, most of them seemed to have moved on for one reason or t'other and so now, that opinion that they would invariably have expressed for me, in what seemed to come to them in an all too easy and quite articulate way (and many times hilarious) now goes un-said :(

Keeping hoping to see their name on threads, so that finally I can scream: "Yes, yes - exactly!".

Come back you fcukers - you're missed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I predict thongs will get more bizzare again now! ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Why don't you all just jerk each other off in a hotel room somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

What's wrong with people naming the posters whose opinion they value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

dfx- wrote: »
    I have strongly disagreed with seamus in the past, where does this leave the whole thing of naming my seamus..well..seamus.

Das Kitty, Des, AlekSmart, Will, Dudess, LuckyLloyd..

Will and Dudess have both closed their accounts. You're living in the past man ... quit living in the past!

I could be your new seamus. I wanna be someone's seamus. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I predict thongs will get more bizzare again now! ;-)
    This, I'm curious to hear about...

• Advertisement

Will and Dudess have both closed their accounts. You're living in the past man ... quit living in the past!

you can be mine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Well one person who appears to be a few peoples seamus used to totally wreck my head with their opinions but I am a newbie and probably shouldnt say that anyway.

seamus is cool though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Wossack

AFter reading this thread, Ive said sea-mus so many times, its starting to lose all meaning

sea-mus? that doesnt even sound right... gaaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Pighead wrote: »
    Can be used as a verb as well eg I thought today's exam was going to be tough but I absolutely seamused it.

Gummy me old buddy. No need to be an old bitter balls. Pighead is just expressing his admiration for probably the greatest living man in the world. Fawning, creepy, stalkerish and uncomfortable it may be but it's all strictly above the belt and absolutely non-jerkish.

Opposite of (Roy) Munson?
    munsoned (v.) - to be up a creek without a paddle; to have the whole world in the palm of your hand and blow it. a figure of speech.

From the movie Kingpin:
    I'd sooner get munsoned out here in the middle of nowhere than lose face in front of my friends and family.

When the verb seamus takes off, the name 'seamus Munson' will be an oxymoron. :)

AFAIK seamus is the voice of reason. Not a person to get hysterical. Kinda like Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli AKA The Fonz!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Blowfish wrote: »
    How did I miss this thread earlier?I actually work with seamus. In honour of this thread, I'm tempted to try to drop 'I seamused it' into a conversation at some point tomorrow ;)

Photos or GTFO! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

seamus wrote: »
    And I thought this fncking thread couldn't get any more bizarre.
    Photos or GTFO! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Sleepy wrote: »
    ...Zulu
    :confused: You poor, poor misguided child! And here was I thinking you were on of the sensible ones! :D We're all lost I tells-yea. Lost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I always liked Dragon, best mod on boards.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Popularity Stakes and that's all it is .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Wibbs wrote: »
    Prinz is my seamus.
    Foiled again.

You've gone from seamus-esque to Will Wheaton with that one post :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

dr.bollocko speaks a lot of sense.

Most of the time anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Being honest seenitall is my seamus. The guy gets everything right. A true gentleman, never has a bad word to say about anyone, if someone annoys him he has the dignity to not respond. A man of the people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Pighead has had thee dogs since he started posting on boards

and he's called them all seamus.

I would be more concerned about why you get through dogs so quickly. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Or you could just not read the thread if it bothers you that much! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Being honest seenitall is my seamus. The guy gets everything right. A true gentleman, never has a bad word to say about anyone, if someone annoys him he has the dignity to not respond. A man of the people.

Seenitall is a woman......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I honestly don't get this Pighead stuff, it just goes straight past me. Is it some boards clicquey thing? When things start getting this nerdy it makes me really consider closing down my account :(

Indeed and if it was genuinely entertaining or funny, then it probably would be tolerable. But regrettably, it reeks of too much effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

mongoman wrote: »
    Indeed and if it was genuinely entertaining or funny, then it probably would be tolerable. But regrettably, it reeks of too much effort.
    Point of order there buddy. Nothing wrong with putting too much effort into something. Effort should be applauded not scorned.

Pighead notices that over half your contributions to this site thus far have been copy and pasting pictures into the picture battle thread.

The old Pighead probably would have said something horrible to you about the cheek of your unprovoked attack but the new seamusified Pighead shall simply tell you to have a nice weekend.

johnr1 wrote: »

Seenitall is a woman......

Is there nothing seenitall can't do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

For me it's Krudler hands down...although I have a soft spot for Wibbs, Sleepy, Sunflower27 and Chatterpillar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Well it's a lot more imaginative than most threads started here, - the guy hasn't been posting much recently in any forums I frequent, but he does hold the record for the best comeback ever on the site. :D Check out the 'Legends of the boards' thread if you're interested.

Of course a thread like this is going to appear a little cliquey to us relative noobs, but there's no cure for that except to keep quiet, post when you've something worthwhile to add, and in time people will remember your username - for something anyway, even if it's only for not adding noise.

I read about 100 times as much as I post, and for me too, seamus is usually right on the money.
    Starbelgrade, Wibbs, Taltos, Dudess, Beruthiel, and Bottle of Smoke for honorable mention.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I know this is controversial, but past seamuses (seamii?) have to be kept in just a high regard as existing seamuses, in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I like Sticky. He doesn't post often, but when he does, his threads always make perfect sense in a no-nonsense kind of way. It's no surprise that you seem to always see them at the top of the first page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

:confused::confused: What the..?

Regretfully, you have me mixed up with some rather nice guy somewhere, Scanlas...

... but stay put, I'll take the laurels anyway! Thanks! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Reenabo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Seamus is one cool cat.
    Another good one is Ghandee:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Seamus is my seamus, as is King of Moo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Wibbs.

Everything he types I tend to agree with, seems fairly intelligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Beetlebum wrote: »
    For me it's Krudler hands down...although I have a soft spot for Wibbs, Sleepy, Sunflower27 and Chatterpillar

OK, so I may not be a seamus, I may never be a seamus - but I shall very happily accept an honourable mention. Tickled pink, so I am! :cool:

In fact, I might just close my account right now - sure isn't it what all the cool kids are doing - and it might just catapult me into the Boardsie Closed Account Graveyard of Fame! :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I think Nodin is probably the poster here I've agreed with the most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Wibbs.

I'd say very.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I like Pighead's posts and have missed him posting.

My Seamusii are probably: Wibbs, Dudess, Novella .. probably many more but can't remember names right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

OK, so I may not be a seamus, I may never be a seamus - but I shall very happily accept an honourable mention. Tickled pink, so I am! :cool:

In fact, I might just close my account right now - sure isn't it what all the cool kids are doing - and it might just catapult me into the Boardsie Closed Account Graveyard of Fame! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Aw see..you're cute as a bugs ear and funny to boot!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'll say Aleksmart, has the smartest and wittiest style of writing on boards.
    Very intelligent posts but they are entertaining

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wibbs.

I'd say very.
    No really, seems is the operative word, but I'll take compliments where I can find them and paypal ye my appreciation(shopaholic will get more. Not playing faves or anything, but c'mon Ivy we agreed on more hype. You've changed man...). :D

For me I've always like reading Sand's posts. Enkidu is an education every time. Dubhthach another on that list. Adam Khor makes for great linkage. Nodin can vex the fcuk outa me, but it's damned high quality vexation. Ditto for the Corinthian. Dudess, Ruu, Karl Hungus, among others, I miss around here. Dr Bollocko is a bit of a tard mind you. He's lucky he's good looking.

Maybe I'm easily pleased :confused:, but actually my list is very long and with every keystroke more and more names pop up. Quite honestly, I struggle to think of posters where I go "oh christ, not this utter fcukwit again". Maybe 5 or 6 in the entire site I've encountered bring that out in me fairly consistently and even with them the odd time I think "ehhh, oh yea, I get ya...", or they're entertaining or informative as a foil to how I may think on things.

Just my humble mind you, but set against the oft cynical take on posters and people, especially in AH, I find myself rarely enough disappointed in people. So, my seamus? Most of the people around here. Except for Micky Dolenz. Can't stand that cnut. Nicking people's avatars and thinking it "funny". Bless.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Would it be the wrong time to mention this sheamus

sheamus003.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

FaceKicker was my seamus, he only ever offered one thing..... "Who wants a Kick in the Face"... What more could you ask for but honesty

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Wibbs.

Everything heshe types I tend to agree with, seems fairly intelligent.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

:rolleyes:

Did wibbs have his sex change? Is he a woman now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

hondasam wrote: »
    Did wibbs have his sex change? Is he a woman now?

yes. that and i confused him/her/it with someone else. mental note to self: drink less, sleep more.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement