Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosion in the "Irish Oxygen" Plant

Options
  • 21-06-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Just heard that there was a large explosion at the Irish Oxygen plant, this is the same place that also had an explosion back in November (I think it was November) ... looks like nobody has life threatening injuries thankfully !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

that's the story from last year you've linked. hopefully just a mistake and not another explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

deRanged wrote: »
    that's the story from last year you've linked. hopefully just a mistake and not another explosion.

Apologies link removed as I cannot find a new one ... they were talking about it on redfm a few mins ago and according to them it is a new explosion that happened today :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

From http://twitter.com/#!/TheCorkNews

"As far as we know, two people have been rushed to hospital. Their injuries are not thought to be life threatening."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

It's on breaking news now too. I hope the person isn't badly hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I work about a mile away and heard the explosion. I thought someone was after dropping a filing cabinet on another floor of our building. The guys working with me said it sounded the same 2 years ago. Heard the sirens then 10 minutes later. Hope they're all ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

after what happened last year this is mad. health and safety will be all over them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

unplayable wrote: »
    after what happened last year this is mad. health and safety will be all over them

They are on the way. One acetylene cylinder exploded, other production halted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

The 2nd time in a few months and luckily knowone died.

They way they are going I wouldnt want to work there for the 3rd time(unlucky???)

Id say the HSA are going to hammer them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bonus_Pack

HSA will have a field day down there, and rightly so in this case. I hope they come down like a ton of bricks and throw the book at them.

...there may be on need to throw the book at them, that will be decided post investigation etc etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement