Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original title lists?

• 21-06-2012 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can do better than the laborious method I'm employing presently. I'm looking for lists of console titles (specifically Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Super Famicom, PC Engine etc) in English but with their Japanese kana/kanji titles too.

Does anyone know of such lists in existence? It would make my life a lot easier compiling my shopping list to wave under the noses of Akihabara's finest shopkeepers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can do better than the laborious method I'm employing presently. I'm looking for lists of console titles (specifically Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Super Famicom, PC Engine etc) in English but with their Japanese kana/kanji titles too.

Does anyone know of such lists in existence? It would make my life a lot easier compiling my shopping list to wave under the noses of Akihabara's finest shopkeepers! :)

I've looked for something like this about a month ago, specifically for the Saturn and had no such luck.

Additionally I know for certain that the list of Saturn games on wikipedia is incomplete and not a great place to start (Japanese games I found on Amazon.co.uk weren't on the list). And it doesn't help at all that the English language wiki lists titles in alphabetical order but the Japanese language list has them in chronological order, by date of release.

Moby Games seems to have more comprehensive listings at least for the Saturn, but no Kanji names. : /

Maybe there's some clever way of coding up a spider to scrape the data and dump it in a spreadsheet, but I've enough trouble with Hello World and ragequit CodeYear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Aye, no joy with the Kanji/Kana here either. Satakore has a lot but again, not in list form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Answering my own question here (almost, not all systems are covered):

http://www.videogameden.com

Advertisement