Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why You're A Hidden Genius

• 21-06-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Talking with some girls in work today, one couldn't find something until it turned up right in front of her. The other was saying that it always happens with her and her phone. I nodded, being able to relate.

Then I thought: wait, no that never happens anymore. Nowadays when it happens, I've trained myself to realise that it could be in my hand, so it's the first place I check. And, often, I'm right. So no panic over lost phones for me.

Then I thought: "Wow, that's REALLY smart!" Here's a simple human problem that everyone experiences, and here's me after training my brain to overcome it so it's not a problem anymore. Genius!

Still...it's not something you could put on a CV or anything...so my genius must remain unspoken.

So that's what this thread is for: first, appreciate my hidden genius. Then: post ways that you are a genius that just seem a little petty to brag about in the real world, but still deserve credit damnit!

Comments

Is that you Prof. Cornel West?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

you must be really smart because that made no sense to me at all :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hate to piss on your chips but you are no genius my friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Does this thread have a point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think it's more "short-term memory loss" than "genius".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm confused. What is the first post about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

So just because you find your phone which is either in your hand or straight in front of you that makes you a genius?

Nobel prizes for me next year so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Sometimes people tell me I'm a genius. I'm not, they're just stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

dafuq?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Relax lads, it's AH. I'm not seriously claiming to have re-invented the wheel here. Ya might wanna read into tone before you get smart yourselves ;).

It's very simple. Mere mortal thinks:

"Oh wait, I've lost my phone! No! Noooo!"

And search frantically before saying, "Wait, it's in my hand! How silly!"

I, a genius, think: "Wait, I've lost my phone! Wait, is it in my hand? Yes, yes it is." Therefore bypassing the panic stage.

glad to see its not just me then, i was getting worried about my brain there for a second :)

leggo wrote: »
    Relax lads, it's AH. I'm not seriously claiming to have re-invented the wheel here. Ya might wanna read into tone before you get smart yourselves ;).

I, a genius, think: "Wait, I've lost my phone! Wait, is it in my hand? Yes, yes it is." Therefore bypassing the panic stage.

are you having some sort of breakdown? :pac:

okay

i have to go over here now
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

So your claim to being a genius is that before embarking on a mission to find a lost item.......you first check if it's in your hand?

WTF:confused::confused:

Haha, actual idiots.

I'll spell it out so: things that aren't really genius, but make you feel really clever when you do them anyway.

Note to self: never presume intelligence when posting in AH again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You don't really get AH do you?

indeed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

your OP is extremely poorly written.

never presume intelligence

Sums up my thoughts of you perfectly at the moment;)

• Advertisement

darokane wrote: »
    never presume intelligence

Sums my thoughts of you up perfectly at the moment;)

You may want to punctuate that post before you question others' intelligence, pal. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Haha, actual idiots.

I'll spell it out so: things that aren't really genius, but make you feel really clever when you do them anyway.

I would not feel clever for panicking about the whereabouts of my phone before reminding myself to check my hand, which has the glorious sense of touch to aid me in my quest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Haha, actual idiots.

You may want to punctuate that post before you question others' intelligence, pal. ;)

So far you've called everyone in this thread idiots and turned into a grammar nazi.

Whats your next trick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

To summarise:

"I can't find my phone, but I'm afraid to ask if anyone knows where it is just in case It's in my hand, in which case I'll look a complete dick."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Haha, actual idiots.

Like checking if what you're looking for, is actually in your hand??:confused:

Sorry Einstein, the genius part must be going over my head i suppose!

ejmaztec wrote: »
    To summarise:

"I can't find my phone, but I'm afraid to ask if anyone knows where it is just in case It's in my hand, in which case I'll look a complete dick."

Haha, which isn't genius!

And I'm claiming it is!

Could there be the remote possibility that I'm being ironic there, Ted?

other's?

Haha, which isn't genius!

And I'm claiming it is!

Could there be the remote possibility that I'm being ironic there, Ted?

so you really are clever?

idk i'm lost here :confused:

other's?

nope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Still...it's not something you could put on a CV or anything...so my genius must remain unspoken.

Yea, but I'm still smarter!

bluewolf wrote: »
    nope

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, I was only referring to one other person which as i recall make's it "other's", if i was referring to more than one person then it would be others'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

The awkward moment AH realises it was wrong...

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, I was only referring to one other person which as i recall make's it "other's", if i was referring to more than one person then it would be others'

But the reply was intended as "before you question the intelligence of other people", so it's plural
    couldn't fit it in their reply as singular form. "before you question the intelligence of other's" makes zero sense

I think i'm coming close to being in trouble here so i best leave it there :)

Uh Oh. Did you just give bluewolf a grammar lesson :eek:

Oh and. Make's. Sorry. So so sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

I often used to shout and roar at my assistant looking for my glasses which would always turn up on top of my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I think i'm coming close to being in trouble here so i best leave it there :)

Ah no... please go on :D

he tryin' to school me yo?? oh no he didn'?!

Balls!

I read here or was told by someone that their mother kept forgetting if she had plugged out the iron so she started singing a particular song every time she plugged it out. That way, though she didn't remember unplugging the iron, she remembered singing the song!

Is that the kind of thing you're talking about OP?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

*thread-steals*

Does poetic genius count? :)

he tryin' to school me yo?? oh no he didn'?!

In Yo Face person of Authoritaaaaai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Using my superior intellect, I understood the OP.
    Therfor I are an hiden genus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Noah and Ebony

Hair Styling

I read here or was told by someone that their mother kept forgetting if she had plugged out the iron so she started singing a particular song every time she plugged it out. That way, though she didn't remember unplugging the iron, she remembered singing the song!

Finally someone gets it!

Finally someone gets it!

\o/

I are genius :D

I have to admit I need to do the same sometimes - saying "right, I've locked the car", or "I am closing the front door right now" - saves the later "did I or didn't I?" :o

I have to admit I need to do the same sometimes - saying "right, I've locked the car", or "I am closing the front door right now" - saves the later "did I or didn't I?" :o

I do it too :(

I talk to myself an awful lot :o

you should have explained it easier for us of an average IQ OP, it would have been a good thread otherwise :)

[I have to admit I need to do the same sometimes - saying "right, I've locked the car", or "I am closing the front door right now" - saves the later "did I or didn't I?" :o

That's useful though. Mere mortal runs down in the dead of night in their boxers to check, you sleep easy. You win that round of the game of life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement