Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psych(e!)ics & Mediums

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Irish caller gets fresh with tv psychic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Irish caller gets fresh with tv psychic

I like this, I like this a lot. :D

I like this, I like this a lot. :D

Ye, delighted to see things like this happen. Despicable people. And I use the word 'people' very loosely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

oh i remember the episode of the panel when they had a ghost whisperer or somthing on,

Andrew asked him did he feel any vibes from the building and he started talking about a troubled history etc...

Then Andrew told him that it was a newly built building and he shut up quite qucikly!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

I had a close relative who invested huge hopes in these people after she was diagnosed with a terminal illness. She really believed she was going to get better! They allegedly channelled the spirit of a deceased parent (after correctly guessing the name of said parent) who had messages predicting recovery for my relative. She got progressively worse, and passed away. On the balance of things, I don't know what the relative merits of false hope are, though I personally find it very depressing to see a vulnerable person conned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,355 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This is weird. An AH thread full of sensible comment. Me likee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

bhovaspack wrote: »
    I had a close relative who invested huge hopes in these people after she was diagnosed with a terminal illness. She really believed she was going to get better! They allegedly channelled the spirit of a deceased parent (after correctly guessing the name of said parent) who had messages predicting recovery for my relative. She got progressively worse, and passed away. On the balance of things, I don't know what the relative merits of false hope are, though I personally find it very depressing to see a vulnerable person conned.

That's really sad. Poor woman.

Unavailbe for Comment sent me this link (apologies, don't know how to embed!).

It's brilliant!

In a nutshell - reporter makes up a false history of a building and it's owner. They get 3 'psychic mediums' to recall what happened. One even goes into a trance and summons the spirit of a someone who doesn't exist!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4qGfNViVN8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

bhovaspack wrote: »

That is appalling. I can't imagine what it must be like to be diagnosed with a terminal illness, I'm sure you will cling to whatever hope you can find. However, I really feel there should be some means of reporting these people. If they can perform miracles they should be able to provide details of people and their medical records used as confirmation. Otherwise they should be prosecuted.

What's worse, are the 'complimentary therapists' who convince people to discontinue conventional medical treatment.

I can understand a grieving person consulting a medium - if they take some comfort from it, it may help in the short term. However, I'm sure most will in time acknowledge that it is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Some people consult physics and mediums before making any important decisions, over time the physics know the person's life stories and their vulnerabilities. I'm sure these people are then amazed at the information they are given, and believe it all the more.

I symphatise with you over the loss of your relative. I hope they found some comfort in consulting these people, but I fully understand your feelings towards them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

what really surprises me, not the depths that some people will go to so they can make a quick buck but the intellegint, well educated people who part with their hard earned cash and lap this shíte up... amazing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I found it very interesting that a lot of his statments were stated like questions?

Your name is john......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

danniemcq wrote: »
    Con artists the lot of them, cannot stand them and its a massive bone of contention in my relationship as her older sister is ****ing mad about them.

buys them spirit and destiny magazines every week, goes to psychics and is friendly with a palm reader.

She invited him to my house to get her palm read and i went psycho ranting about how they are con artists and scum of the earth, taking money from people deperate for answers and peace of mind. I refused to be in the house with him (for fear that i would end up dragging him out by the scruff of the neck while beating him over the head with a book on common sense)

apparently when he came round to the house he was able to tell my GF that me and her were in a long time relationship and deeply in love.

No **** sherlock, we are living together, you are mates with her sister (so probably have heard) and there are photos of me and my GF in the sitting room where you are.

I'm sensing ***puts finger tips to temples and closes eyes*** ...anger

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    I loved the Derren Browne episode where he completely discredited the Liverpool chap.
    Derek Ackorah has also been shown up to be a sham but the believers still flock like sheep.
    The best setup I've seen is where the BBC reporter creates a fake website with some makey uppey history on an old London lane.
    They invite a couple of mediums to see if they could sense any troubled history & both spouted the bogus website reports.

These people prey on those who are easily led & convinced, quite sad really.

Brilliant.

He 'summoned' the spirit of a medeval (I think) South African Jailer called 'Kreed Kafer'.

Of course, this Kreed Kafer never existed and is an anagram for 'Derek Faker'.

Liamario wrote: »
    I found it very interesting that a lot of his statments were stated like questions?

Your name is john......?

It's a tactic they use because they turn it either way depending on the answer. More specifically, they use what's called Barnum Statements.

Derren Brown gives a great explanation of Barnum Statements (at 1:50) as well as other cold reading stuff:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

Liamario wrote: »

Your name is john......?

Is there a John in the Audience?
    Clinton Baptiste ftw

• Advertisement

davet82 wrote: »
    what really surprises me, not the depths that some people will go to so they can make a quick buck but the intellegint, well educated people who part with their hard earned cash and lap this shíte up... amazing really.
    Can't have a parasite without a host. Same principle that sustains the tabloids. Which, in turn, generally support full page horoscope bullsnot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I went to physic ( spelling?) tarot reader years ago and I found her to be good at the time. I went back to her about twice since but she wasn't as good and it's something I don't believe in any more.

More recently I went to an angel guidance tarot reader. They don't claim to tell the future or anything and so are different. It's more guidance than anything. The reading was very fitting to the situation that had me troubled. The reading was very positive and uplifting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

PeteEd wrote: »
    Is there a John in the Audience?
    Clinton Baptiste ftw

I'm getting the word...the word...NONCE!!!

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I went to physic ( spelling?) tarot reader years ago and I found her to be good at the time. I went back to her about twice since but she wasn't as good and it's something I don't believe in any more.

More recently I went to an angel guidance tarot reader. They don't claim to tell the future or anything and so are different. It's more guidance than anything. The reading was very fitting to the situation that had me troubled. The reading was very positive and uplifting.
    Honestly, if you're looking for guidance you'd be better off posting here in AH. It would be just as relevant, make as much sense, and at least you wouldn't be handing cash over to a parasite.

Angel guidance. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

I was going to post that derren brown and dawkins interview. Its really good, anyone that believes in that crap should look at it. 2 great men.

• Advertisement

Depending on your problems at the time, I'm sure the reading could've been geared to anybody with similar problems, even if you were to only take half from what he/she said of it.

You could've got the same advice (because that's what it is) from a baker.

No offence here, I don't mean to sound harsh, but rather just trying to make a point. :)

At least, when a baker takes your cash, he gives you something in exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

It's easy to read too much into these things when you are experiencing difficulties - this is also when people are more likely to seek out readings. These people are also experienced at reading people and their reactions, even of you make a conscious effort not to give anything away.

They prey on the vulnerable and offer false hope - harmless enough I suppose if you go for a general reading, but sinister if someone is genuinely seeking help and guidance.

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Depending on your problems at the time, I'm sure the reading could've been geared to anybody with similar problems, even if you were to only take half from what he/she said of it.

You could've got the same advice (because that's what it is) from a baker.

No offence here, I don't mean to sound harsh, but rather just trying to make a point. :)

I don't have much faith but Angels is something I believe in.

I was going through something that was troubling me and taking me down and was finding it very difficult to move on. AH and personal issues would have helped and did help but there was still something I was cluthing onto. With that I seeked out the angel reading and it was beautiful. It never claimed to tell me the future or anything like that. Angel tarot and psychic tarot are different in that sense. The psychic claim to see your future. The angel reading guides you.

I found the reading lovely and the lady who did the reading too. My situation was very, very unique which I kept quite about and I can't see how see could have read me like a book and can't see that reading fitting in with another problem. The reading was so positive and powerful and uplifting.

Probably not for everyone but it was something that helped me.

Ah sure, if the angels don't work, maybe an aul unicorn or fluffy rainbow reading would do the trick....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,309 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thought I saw an angel once, about 10 years ago. Was going through a pretty difficult time, very stressed, hadn't been sleeping well. Woke up in the middle of the night, started looking round the room. Then, a bright light appeared in the corner of the room.

It was my phone saying it was fully charged. Purely coincidental timing, and a reasonable explanation for what happened. Yet to some, if they couldn't explain it, they'd think it was a ghost or angels or something.

There's a logical explanation for all the angel/mediums/psychic stuff. Just because you can't explain it, doesn't mean there's no reasonable explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

A friend of mine was at a vulnerable stage in her life and went to one of these scam artists ( a very popular woman who makes a sell out visit to limerick every year and charges a bundle for the pleasure) and was told shed never marry but would instead get involved with a married man who would be abusive to her.

Just to make it worse she was told shed have twins for him but that they'd be very sick and one would die.
    This was incredibly upsetting for her and she really was in a bad state of mind from it!

The very next month I introduced her to a fella I've known since we were toddlers- never married btw

Five years later they're happily married with two healthy beautiful girls.
    I remember her actually asking me when she started dating him if he had been married and if twins are in his family. It was so damaging to her at the time- she was terrified.

My mam is mad about those angels reader people and she actually seems to be becoming more vulnerable the more she meets them. She is also starting to sound a bit crazy when she really gets into angel talk with us.

I find it all a bit frightening to think that someone could see her like this and keep feeding it and taking money off her. IMO you'd have to be a real scumbag to see a person like that, scared and innocent, and then still put the hand out for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Penn wrote: »
    Thought I saw an angel once, about 10 years ago. Was going through a pretty difficult time, very stressed, hadn't been sleeping well. Woke up in the middle of the night, started looking round the room. Then, a bright light appeared in the corner of the room.

the story went south after the first paragraph :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

o1s1n wrote: »
    'err...um...Was your mother buried?'

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?
    Should have said "no, we had her stuffed and mounted" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,309 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I like how on the Fresh Prince video, when the caller is talking about how he wants to know how his old friends are doing, the psychic "sees" in the tarot cards that he might find them if he looks them up on social media sites.

"I want to see how old friends are doing"
    "Have you tried Facebook?"

• Advertisement

Ah man, I wish I never brought up the angels. I never claimed to see them or feel their presence but angels is something I do believe in. In that they are there helping people people.
    A friend of mine was at a vulnerable stage in her life and went to one of these scam artists ( a very popular woman who makes a sell out visit to limerick every year and charges a bundle for the pleasure) and was told shed never marry but would instead get involved with a married man who would be abusive to her.

Just to make it worse she was told shed have twins for him but that they'd be very sick and one would die.
    This was incredibly upsetting for her and she really was in a bad state of mind from it!

The very next month I introduced her to a fella I've known since we were toddlers- never married btw

I remember her actually asking me when she started dating him if he had been married and if twins are in his family. It was so damaging to her at the time- she was terrified.

My mam is mad about those angels reader people and she actually seems to be becoming more vulnerable the more she meets them. She is also starting to sound a bit crazy when she really gets into angel talk with us.

I find it all a bit frightening to think that someone could see her like this and keep feeding it and taking money off her. IMO you'd have to be a real scumbag to see a person like that, scared and innocent, and then still put the hand out for money.

I don't know which reader your friend went to as in psychic or angel reading. From my own experience the two are very different and nothing alike.

One is claiming to see your future - the psychic. The other ie the angel reader is not. Angel readers don't even claim to be psychic or don't contact angels for you during your reading (for people that don't know). It's more guidance. My own angel reading, the angel guidance practitioner used several decks of angel cards. I was allowed to hold and shuffle them before she place them to the side and spread them out in a fan, back up. Troughout the reading she was drawn to certain cards which she picked and placed down on the table for me. All these cards fitted.

Anyways the two:
    1) psychics and mediums
    2) angel guidance practitioners
    are very, very different.

Ah man, I wish I never brought up the angels. I never claimed to see them or feel their presence but angels is something I do believe in. In that they are there helping people people.

I don't know which reader your friend went to as in psychic or angel reading. From my own experience the two are very different and nothing alike.

One is claiming to see your future - the psychic. The other is not
    The other ie the angel reader is not. Angel readers don't even claim to be psychic or don't contact angels for you during your reading (for people that don't know). It's more guidance. My own angel reading, the angel guidance practitioner used several decks of angel cards. I was allowed to hold and shuffle them before she place them to the side and spread them out in a fan, back up. Troughout the reading she was drawn to certain cards which she picked and placed down on the table for me. All these cards fitted.

Anyways the two are very, very different.
    And yet, so similar, in so many ways.....

endacl wrote: »
    And yet, so similar, in so many ways.....

In what way are they similiar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

for starters they're both made up nonsense with the intention of liberating you from your money

Helix wrote: »

for starters they're both made up nonsense with the intention of liberating you from your money
    Yep. What helix said...

To me, I didn't see the angel reading as a waste of money. To me I came away happy, relaxed and positive from a situation that was dragging me down for ages.

This is something that I came across on boards - the difference between tarot and angel cards:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66633772

To me, I didn't see the angel reading as a waste of money. To me I came away happy, relaxed and positive from a situation that was dragging me down for ages.

This is something that I came across on boards - the difference between tarot and angel cards:

there is no difference between angel cards and tarot cards

they're completely random

you could use a regular deck of 52 with meanings assigned to each card, learned off by the "reader", as well as combinations and it'd be the same

christ you could use crisp packets

it's not real. if you come away feeling relaxed that's fine, but there are other ways to relax that don't involve giving an absolute fraud your money

on a completely unrelated topic, i have these magic beans here that would really make your life a lot better. ill let them go for a good price if you're interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

I know a woman who after going through a crisis in her life spent most of her wages on psychics and angel mediums each week which resulted in large debt. a couple of years later she is still paying off a loan to cover her credit card bills after loosing her job, her friends got roped in too but not as far luckily for them.

If I was to say a bad word about these leeches to her it would be WW3 but she has slowly come to realise that they only are interested in the money - when she couldn't pay they all disappeared, so much for the helping people aspect of what they try to sell.

And if I hear about people who say what about the testimonies and proofs etc. I just have to laugh - you will see a Dalmatian, you will see a red car on a road etc give me a break!

Personally I believe people who attend these really need counselling and the leeches who pray on them should be banned legally from setting up their web sites etc peddling their crapology. I'd go a lot further but the people who pay them outside of having a laugh also deserve a lot of what they get albeit they are vulnerable in many cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hahaha lol at the ad for "world class psychic Nora" in he bottom of this very page, google ads are more psychic than actual psychics.

scumbags the lot of them, preying on vunerable people for a few quid, if they were really psychic they'd do it for free and be a lot better at it. angels and auras, how can sane people believe this absolute bullsh1t. or astrology, yes because the position of a planet in space has some effect on your personality, **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Why haven't any of these psychics won the lotto yet, or cleaned up on the gee gees?

Why haven't any of these psychics won the lotto yet, or cleaned up on the gee gees?

they have won the lotto - they've got lines of gullible idiots breaking their neck to hand them over free cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

because they only use their "powers" for the good of humankind (for a fee)

theres some prize of a million quid for the first person to prove they're psychic, its never been claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Reiketsu wrote: »
    I had my palm read by a lady in Dublin about 4 and a half years ago. Myself and a few friends just went for the craic really. Anyway, she was able to describe my boyfriend, name is brother and tell me their father had died very recently- he'd died 2 days before. She told my friend, the biggest skeptic of us all, she would meet and marry a blonde haired guy called Paul. She met a guy called Paul matching that description a year later and they are now engaged. Told my other friend that she would live in a house beside a church with a view of the sea and thats exactly the sort of place she lived with a boyfriend two years later- he owned the place.

She didnt look at my face once to look for a reaction, just at my palm. I'm still skeptical but I have no shame in saying I was impressed :pac: There is some serious con artists out there though, most definitely.

I think you remember it how you want to remember it. If I walk into her and didn't utter a word, she would not be able to name my girlfriend. I gaurantee it. :)

Did she actually come out and say you're father died recently? See, she probably said 'there's been a death'. Most people who go to these con artist have suffered a recent loss too so..

She sounds like she has the game down to tee though. Some of them are very good.

It was my ex' father that had died, but yes, she specifically said father. I'm aware there's usually a vagueness in their readings so they can apply to anyone, but I've no idea how she was able to say this stuff for 3 people and have it happen. Clearly very good at what she was doing, obviously. That was the first and only time I've been to see someone like that. I know people who end up sort of planning their life around what they are told from these people, that's pretty bad. I don't think there's any harm in visiting one for the fun if it but people need to use their common sense in regards to it. I don't know about others but is never want to be told about a family member coming through to talk to me because I know that's all lies. I'd be so angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'll lie to you for half the price.

You will form a new very close relationship in the next month and you will be close for the rest of your lives, and after. ;)

there is no difference between angel cards and tarot cards

they're completely random

you could use a regular deck of 52 with meanings assigned to each card, learned off by the "reader", as well as combinations and it'd be the same

christ you could use crisp packets

it's not real. if you come away feeling relaxed that's fine, but there are other ways to relax that don't involve giving an absolute fraud your money

on a completely unrelated topic, i have these magic beans here that would really make your life a lot better. ill let them go for a good price if you're interested?

The cards are different. The cards are very much different. They're not the same.

Random yes but as someone who went to both psychic and angel readings, the way the cards were worked with were different. The way the readings were done too.

The outcomes were different too.
    With the psychic she said similar to what was above. Told me what was in the future and coming in store for me.

With the angel reading, it was different, like this is you, this is now, and this is what you have to do to overcome any problems or difficulties, this is what will help you. It was so fitting to what I was facing.

She didn't shove her angel readings and guidance into my face nor did I see her advertised anywhere. I went searching online one day and came across her. She does a load of other bits too for work like massages so the angel readings weren't her one and only source of income. I can't see how see is a fraud. I went searching for her.

It was something that helped me. And it was something I like. I don't know why you are getting hot and bothered about something that I found to be good, positive and uplifting. It's not like I'm asking you or others to part with money to something I like. Nor was I or am recommending angel readers. I mentioned in an earlier post that I went a pschic a long time ago and that it was something that I believed but not now. And more recently went to an angel reader because I was going through a difficult patch and I believe in angels. I didn't know what to expect from that. It was done on a whim. It was so positive and I came away happier. My future wasn't told, like what psychics claim to do. I'll give one thing, the psychics are con artists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A friend of mine attended one in a different county to the one she lives in, only giving her first name when making the appointment (no other details). Yet the medium was able to tell her about her close friend plus nan and grandad who had passed away, phrases they used to say to her, nicknames they had and lots of other things. One such example is she told her that her sons girlfriend was a danger to him - the next week something did happen which proved her to be correct. Maybe that part about her sons girlfriend was pure coincidence but the stuff about her dead friends and relations was bang on.

I'd be skeptical myself but the above was very surprising to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

You can roughly divide either reading into two parts. The second part of the physic reading evolves making vague future predictions, for example at some point in the future you will be involved in a car crash, I can never go wrong with predictions like that because if it happens then I can take credit, but it can't be established as incorrect until the day you die. Whereas with the angel thing, I'm guessing from the way you describe it, the physic just tells you that angels will help with whatever problems you are having. If you overcome the problem then that's a hit and if you don't then it just isn't a hit yet. As people remember the hits over the misses, the trick would be to get the mark to reveal as many problems as possible. That's the difference between the two systems.

The first stage however will be the same in both, building confidence. Most of the time this will be a standard cold reading, making vague statements that you over interpret and make fit to your personal experience and in doing so give up a little information which the physic can use to build more confidence to draw you in. This works especially well if the physic waits a while before recycling information back at you. On top of that is when physics use their current customers to advertise, this has the added advantage that one customer can divulge information that can be used against another, for example if you Mom comes in and says that she is worried about her daughter for whatever reason, then that can be used against the daughter if she visits the same physic. Another option is just a straight up search to see if you have publicly exposed any information on Facebook, for example. Or for example I remember a story James Randi told about doing a physic reading when he was younger and giving a really really accurate reading with tons of personal details (for example about an old grandfather clock that no longer ticked). Details that would be very very hard to come up with a plausible explanation for. Except being a honest fellow, when the reading was done he pulled her aside and told her the truth, he just happened to be in the lobby with a friend when she came in to prebook the tickets, and he just had his friend follow her home and pretend his car broke down in front of her house and asked to use her telephone so he could have a look inside and gather information.

The point is that no matter how accurate the information a physic can share with you is, there can be a mundane explanation on how it was gained. Just because something is unexplained, doesn't mean it is inexplicable.

No of course it is possible I'm wrong and you shouldn't just take my word for it. After all if your physic is real, then it really is a rather simple thing to test. Before your next visit just get a piece of paper and write down 8 random digits (not your birthday or something), put it in your wallet and just ask the physic what those digits are. Write down what he says and compare. I'm guessing either he will get them wrong, or he will tell you the angels don't like to be tested (apparently they can be pretty testy about that), or are feeling a little off or whatever other excuse he comes up with to try and put you off. Unless of course it is set up in a way that is deliberately not subjective to that sort of test.

The cards are different. The cards are very much different. They're not the same.

Random yes but as someone who went to both psychic and angel readings, the way the cards were worked with were different. The way the readings were done too.

The outcomes were different too.
    With the psychic she said similar to what was above. Told me what was in the future and coming in store for me.

With the angel reading, it was different, like this is you, this is now, and this is what you have to do to overcome any problems or difficulties, this is what will help you. It was so fitting to what I was facing.

She didn't shove her angel readings and guidance into my face nor did I see her advertised anywhere. I went searching online one day and came across her. She does a load of other bits too for work like massages so the angel readings weren't her one and only source of income. I can't see how see is a fraud. I went searching for her.

It was something that helped me. And it was something I like. I don't know why you are getting hot and bothered about something that I found to be good, positive and uplifting. It's not like I'm asking you or others to part with money to something I like. Nor was I or am recommending angel readers. I mentioned in an earlier post that I went a pschic a long time ago and that it was something that I believed but not now. And more recently went to an angel reader because I was going through a difficult patch and I believe in angels. I didn't know what to expect from that. It was done on a whim. It was so positive and I came away happier. My future wasn't told, like what psychics claim to do. I'll give one thing, the psychics are con artists.

ah here, when i say they're the same i'm not talking about method. i'm talking about the fact that it's all pretend. it's make believe. the medium being used changes, as does the method but the underpinning fraudulent nature of it remains constant

you went to a psychic years ago and believed it then but not any more. yet now you have no problem thinking that angel readers are grand

ever thought you might just be a little gullible?

Paully D wrote: »
    A friend of mine attended one in a different county to the one she lives in, only giving her first name when making the appointment (no other details). Yet the medium was able to tell her about her close friend plus nan and grandad who had passed away, phrases they used to say to her, nicknames they had and lots of other things. One such example is she told her that her sons girlfriend was a danger to him - the next week something did happen which proved her to be correct. Maybe that part about her sons girlfriend was pure coincidence but the stuff about her dead friends and relations was bang on.

I'd be skeptical myself but the above was very surprising to me.

the psychic didnt tell your friend that at all, your friend told the psychic that, only she didnt realise she was doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

the psychic didnt tell your friend that at all, your friend told the psychic that, only she didnt realise she was doing it

Yeah you're probably right mate, just relaying what I was told. I'll never pay the money to find out for myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement