Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psych(e!)ics & Mediums

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

mishkalucy wrote: »

6 people in the group, 2 had readings with this psychic before.

Big, Big, clue.

Its almost impossible to give no tells, what you think is no tells is just modifying the tells you're *aware* of.

The fact they had contact with several people who know you, probably had access to the full names of the people present and an internet connection, is a more logical explanation than an ability to talk to people who are actually dead, and yet seem to lack the other magic ability to furnish anyone with the winning lotto numbers.

I'll never understand why people insist on favouring the impossible explanation over the possible, although boring, one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Pedant wrote: »
    "I'm an atheist, hear me ROAR!! (And get angry, hate the world and be all pretentious and condescending and talk all day about the fact that I don't believe in something because I used my head once and watched documentaries by Richard Dawkins)"

"I'm religious, hear me BULL$HIT!!"

"I'm a psychic, watch me going SCHIZO!!"

Oh, do me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Giselle wrote: »
    Its human nature to sometimes suspend rationality when an easy solution presents itself.

The worst aspect of that is that (I would suspect) its the most traumatised or psychologically aching who feel able to do the real work of recovery the least.

Yeah, often the case, people need time too. I don't work this way but hospices won't offer therapy for 6 months following a bereavement, I can see the sense, but I work in a clinic where most of the clients know each other.

The see me in the building most days I couldn't say, no you need to experience the bereavement before I can see you. However, even when that is not the case I see people as soon as I can.

Odysseus wrote: »
    Yeah, often the case, people need time too. I don't work this way but hospices won't offer therapy for 6 months following a bereavement, I can see the sense, but I work in a clinic where most of the clients know each other.

The see me in the building most days I couldn't say, no you need to experience the bereavement before I can see you. However, even when that is not the case I see people as soon as I can.

I can certainly see the logic. I suppose it would be difficult for a client to separate the natural pain thats a consequence of grief from some deeper or more insurmountable agony while they were in the first stages of loss.

Like anyone who's experienced bereavement, I can certainly say that I was 'out of my mind' at first, although I was aware on some level that it would pass even at its worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Big, Big, clue.

Its almost impossible to give no tells, what you think is no tells is just modifying the tells you're *aware* of.

The fact they had contact with several people who know you, probably had access to the full names of the people present and an internet connection, is a more logical explanation than an ability to talk to people who are actually dead, and yet seem to lack the other magic ability to furnish anyone with the winning lotto numbers.

I'll never understand why people insist on favouring the impossible explanation over the possible, although boring, one.

I have no intention of trying to convince anyone but believe me there was NO way this person could have know these things.
    The others in the group did not know them(that's for damn sure).
    These were very private things and very accurate, I may add.

• Advertisement

I have no intention of trying to convince anyone but believe me there was NO way this person could have know these things.

If you want to believe that dead spirits spoke to a person in your friends kitchen through the medium of coloured cards, that is your prerogative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,355 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Really? Are you sure you didn't respond, primed and prepared with vino in hand and by a room full of gullible marks, to a skillful conman/woman.

Because that's what happened.

endacl wrote: »
    Really? Are you sure you didn't respond, primed and prepared with vino in hand and by a room full of gullible marks, to a skillful conman/woman.

Because that's what happened.

Didn't open the wine :(

I am not a gullible mark, this person spoke to me for about 15 mins I didn't need to speak.

If you want to believe that dead spirits spoke to a person in your friends kitchen through the medium of coloured cards, that is your prerogative.

It wasn't in a kitchen and there were no cards but thanks for the condescension ;)

It wasn't in a kitchen and there were no cards but thanks for the condescension ;)

In the sitting room with the spirits then.

And you're welcome. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Red Hand wrote: »
    Oh, do me!

"I've a red hand, I'M BLEEDING!!"

Didn't open the wine :(

I am not a gullible mark, this person spoke to me for about 15 mins I didn't need to speak.
    Didn't say you were. A mark that is.

But if you remain gullible years after the fact, I suggest your time may have been more beneficially spent opening the vino...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

In the sitting room with the spirits then.

And you're welcome. :)

Already stated it was wine and it was un-opened.

I'm just giving an account of the only time I ever(would never do it again)saw a psychic.
    I genuinely thought it would be a case of "do you know a Sean who is a builder?"

What this psychic told me there was no way of knowing(no-one in the group knew). It related to exact dates, exact names and not mary's or paddy's either, very private family business and very specific occurances.

Floored me tbh, would never do it again

Already stated it was wine and it was un-opened.

I meant the spirits of the dead!!:)

Didn't say you were. A mark that is.

But if you remain gullible years after the fact, I suggest your time may have been more beneficially spent opening the vino...

Have corrected that on several occasions since :D;)

Listen, I don't believe in fairies and magic.

But when someone you have never met, knows specifics that maybe 3 family members know(and would never ever talk about) surely you have to accept that?

Have corrected that on several occasions since :D;)

Listen, I don't believe in fairies and magic.

But when someone you have never met, knows specifics that maybe 3 family members know(and would never ever talk about) surely you have to accept that?
    No I don't. But I'd be very impressed at their cold-reading/manipulation skills.

Occam's razor strikes again....

Also, the other person who was sceptic that night(who went before me) and was a good friend, waited SIX YEARS to tell me what this psychic had said to her.

That's how serious this was.

No I don't. But I'd be very impressed at their cold-reading/manipulation skills.

Occam's razor strikes again....

Ah jaysus, not this fellas shaving routine again ;)

Look I agree they cold read

"Betty, Betty are you there????"

"Paddy needs to know where you hid the insurance policy?"

I cannot stress enough that with me, this was not the case.

Also, the other person who was sceptic that night(who went before me) and was a good friend, waited SIX YEARS to tell me what this psychic had said to her.

That's how serious this was.
    That's me convinced so. Thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 porcelina the vast

an angel guidance practitioner?????? someone shuffling cards and giving divine messages??? you know that this is a multi BILLION dollar industry right? stop referring to these charlatans in terminology that suggests they are qualified to do anything other than shuffle pretty
    cards . if the angels wanted to give me a message i'm guessing they wouldn't want my hard earned cash fo the privilege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Is anyone watching this now on (tv3?)

There was quite a funny call last week where some guy rang up pretending to be The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, asking if Psychic Wayne knew whether Will's old buddies in Philadelphia were still around:pac:

Poor Wayne didn't catch on right away; not the brightest chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

later12 wrote: »

There was quite a funny call last week where some guy rang up pretending to be The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, asking if Psychic Wayne knew whether Will's old buddies in Philadelphia were still around:pac:

Just watching this now since you said it was on Later12.

1580 premium rate number. €2.44 per minute.
    Some caller named "Mary" was on. Wanting to know about "finances" ... Que the tv presenter 'Medium' crapping on....

I remember these popping up years ago tho. They were originally babestation clones. However, these seem to of adopted the 'play tv ireland' sell. I wonder, could it be the same company?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I went to a psychic before.

They told me that in exactly one week I'd still be alive....one week later I was still alive. :eek: freaky huh?

Best 450 euros ever spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

This makes me sick :mad: Watching it the last few minutes. Now we all know this is a con. But here is some interesting information:

• 'Psychic reading live' on tv3 is run by www.Eso.tv which on its site clearly states is apart of Telemedia InteracTV (Which is the same company that produced Play TV Ireland on tv3 two years ago) Lets be honest, not that it needed to be confirmed. Was obviously the same crowd.
    • Their 'business model' is that they pay a tv channel to broadcast their content (usually its the other way round)
    • They broadcast all over the world. From Ireland to China. From India to Argentina.
    • Their studios are in Hungary. They broadcast all over the world from this location. In other words, people who ring them are calling someone in Hungary.
    • Information about the company only reveals a Vice President and Sales Director. Which rings alarm bells.
    • In 2010, after bad press including the joe duffy show, TV3 pulled Play Tv Ireland from its schedule. Only to replace it with another Telemedia Interac Tv show recently. Clearly Tv3 dont care and were waiting for the bad press of Play tv ireland to die down before broadcasting another TeleMedia show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Shower of charlatans

Would like to try it some time to experience it first-hand, but I wouldn't fancy giving them 20 quid

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Is this you ?

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage.

While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.

You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.

At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

later12 wrote: »

He's a poster on here!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79351735&postcount=113

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

They're all full of bull, wouldn't waste a breath on them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement